For Sale Greyp G12S Electric Bike only 279 miles total! £6,500

Vratar

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 19, 2019
Hi. Nice bike. A couple of questions if you would:

1. When was the bike originally purchased?
  2. Is the warranty transferrable and if so, how long is left on it?
Thanks.
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your interest. The bike was purchased in August of 2017. It had a 1-year warranty.

Phil Dryden

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Leicester
I have no interest at all in the advertised bike, but I'm a little bemused at the strong hostile reactions, given that there appear to be so many forum members riding around on public roads using derestricted machines!! I have often wondered at the wisdom of writing so freely about using such machines on UK roads - the remark was made earlier in the thread about this particular bike "ruining it for other ebikers", but this could be said for any derestricted machine. It would only take a significant accident, or even the wrong person trawling around this forum for the authorities to realise that there may be an issue requiring regulating. And, boy, do they love to regulate! And charge for the privelege, of course. I appreciate that this is an international forum and in some other countries there are not the same restrictions; I just wonder at how wise it is to encourage/publicise derestricted usage on UK roads??

Reactions: Vratar

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Hi Daniel,
Thanks for your interest. The bike was purchased in August of 2017. It had a 1-year warranty.
Hmmm, I think you'll have a hard time selling at that price. The accepted formula (round here at least) for used ebike value is as follows:

Price new = 7200EUR + VAT@25% = 9000EUR
Minus battery depreciation @ 50% (700EUR) = 8300EUR
Minus 1 year bike depreciation @25% = 6225EUR
6225EUR to GBP = £5417

Current value = ~£5417

For further information on the above formula, see the following post:

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/selling-and-buying-second-hand-e-bikes.4311/

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
For

For an ebike community, I’m very surprised that everyone is so anti-ebike. To each her own opinion but It’s not at all the reaction I was expecting. What’s the reason? (If any)
You are missing the point. It is illegal on the roads under any circumstances, no matter how slowly ridden.

It's not a e-bike, its a motorcycle needing a full motorcycle licence, registration etc. That's why few here will be interested.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The difference though despite restriction or not is the bikes appearance, it might have pedals but doesn't look like a regular looking one.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Could the same not be said of any unrestricted e-bike??? :rolleyes:
Not really, derestriction of a normal pedelec makes it an S-class pedelec.

The 45 mph machine advertised goes beyond even moped law, being a motorcycle which can't even be ridden legally on any group P, AM, or Q moped licence.

A group A1 motorcycle licence is the minimum required, as well as registration etc of course.

Vratar

Feb 19, 2019
Hmmm, I think you'll have a hard time selling at that price. The accepted formula (round here at least) for used ebike value is as follows:

Price new = 7200EUR + VAT@25% = 9000EUR
Minus battery depreciation @ 50% (700EUR) = 8300EUR
Minus 1 year bike depreciation @25% = 6225EUR
6225EUR to GBP = £5417

Current value = ~£5417

For further information on the above formula, see the following post:

https://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/selling-and-buying-second-hand-e-bikes.4311/
You are missing the point. It is illegal on the roads under any circumstances, no matter how slowly ridden.

It's not a e-bike, its a motorcycle needing a full motorcycle licence, registration etc. That's why few here will be interested.
Hi Flecc,
Again, this is not a debate over the ethics of whether or not to ride on a road illegally. That is not the purpose of this thread. Bikes can be ridden on private property or off-road without restriction. This is posted on the classified section for a reason. Whether or not you approve, there is demand for high-performance green bike technology. This company has significantly contributed to electric engines in automobiles and now bikes and they are the future!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Flecc,
Again, this is not a debate over the ethics of whether or not to ride on a road illegally.
I'm not disputing that and anyone is free to do as they wish as far as I'm concerned.

But you posted that riders of this machine are advised to ride legally, and that is misleading since it's simply not possible as an e-bike.

And again you are wrong about off road. Anywhere the public have access to makes this illegal. It can only be used in completely private fully enclosed land.

Vratar

Feb 19, 2019
I'm not disputing that and anyone is free to do as they wish as far as I'm concerned.

But you posted that riders of this machine are advised to ride legally, and that is misleading since it's simply not possible as an e-bike.

And again you are wrong about off road. Anywhere the public have access to makes this illegal. It can only be used in completely private fully enclosed land.
Some examples of a wonderful places to ride this incredible bike on private land if you don't have your own are:

https://www.revolutionbikepark.co.uk

http://www.gawtongravityhub.co.uk

https://www.trailguru.co.uk/moelfre-downhill-track

https://www.comriecroftbikes.co.uk/trails/comrie-croft-trails

http://www.cycleni.com/152/blessingbourne-mountain-bike-trails--pump-track/

Reactions: flecc and Fordulike

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010

Vratar

Feb 19, 2019

Flecc,

Also,
Just because you would need to tax and insure this bike doesn't make it illegal. It just means you would need to jump through a few hoops to ride on the roads in the most efficient, green way possible. I don't think there is any room for discouraging e-bike riding in this forum. I specifically came here as I thought it was a friendly place for e-bikers.

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
No you only came here to sell the bike, you only joined yesterday and have stated you are leaving the continent, so your further contribution within this community seems very unlikely. As for making this bike legal to use on the roads there is no way.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Flecc,

Also,
Just because you would need to tax and insure this bike doesn't make it illegal. It just means you would need to jump through a few hoops to ride on the roads in the most efficient, green way possible. I don't think there is any room for discouraging e-bike riding in this forum. I specifically came here as I thought it was a friendly place for e-bikers.
I fully agree and this is a friendly place for e-bikers. My concern stems from those who have been mislead into buying an illegal bike and found out to their cost later.

It's important to be entirely honest about the legality, the e-bike world is infested with false statements about this and it's doing the market no favours.

Reactions: Fordulike

Slartibartfast

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2019
Not my style I must admit, but I like your robust defence and have to agree there are some surprisingly vitriolic and negative posts about it, you seemed to have poked an unexpected hornets nest! If I had a few hundred acres of private land with a mountain in the middle of it, it would be great! Just a small point, one Euro is currently worth 0.87 of a pound, that means 7500 Euro is £6525. So you are selling it for the price brand new, which does not make it an attractive proposition for a potential buyer I would have thought. Or have I got that wrong?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Vratar

Feb 19, 2019
Not my style I must admit, but I like your robust defence and have to agree there are some surprisingly vitriolic and negative posts about it, you seemed to have poked an unexpected hornets nest! If I had a few hundred acres of private land with a mountain in the middle of it, it would be great! Just a small point, one Euro is currently worth 0.87 of a pound, that means 7500 Euro is £6525. So you are selling it for the price brand new, which does not make it an attractive proposition for a potential buyer I would have thought. Or have I got that wrong?
That's correct. It's been up for one day so I'm testing the waters. It's pretty much new as I've only ridden it for 279 miles. The price I've listed is a private sale and without VAT. The new price from Greyp direct is plus VAT and shipping. Also, as an added bonus, I'm going to throw in the fenders, bell, and phone holder on the handlebars! Cheers

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
Fenders, Bell and phone case included you say? Well why didn't you mention that earlier;)