For Sale Greyp G12S Electric Bike only 279 miles total! £6,500

Vratar

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 19, 2019
If you are searching for this you know what a great bike this is! Go 45 mph with a range of over 70 miles. Grab a bargain on this used bike! Sells new for 7500 Euros + VAT. Free delivery*

Not a bike company. Even though the name would suggest otherwise. Greyp Bikes, a sister company of Rimac Automobili – the producer of the world’s most powerful electric car, is a tech company that produces electric bicycles. We design, engineer and produce high-end electric bicycles with amazing technology and performance.

Located in Nottingham, UK

*Free delivery possible only on certain days and regions.DSC00052.jpgDSC00053.jpgScreen Shot 2019-02-19 at 5.45.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-19 at 5.45.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-19 at 5.47.52 PM.pngIMG_4763.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I bike that says nick me and I don't mean stolen..... More motor cylce looking then e- pedal bike.

• Agree

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
problem is that thing is 50kg so the pedals are useless and given the top speed is 45mph that batt will be dead in 5 miles.

the fastest production electric motor bike you can buy can go 220 mph it costs 50k and can go 20 miles at that speed.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Yes quite right SW just seen the stats about 7.3 miles for a charge, certainly would soon get fed up with pushing a dead weight around.
A bike like that makes no impression on me and not something to take to the local woods which is 3 miles away.
Only words I can come up with is a piece of sh*te.

Reactions: EddiePJ and tommie

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I've got one of those..I made it with Photoshop. It looks morphed (scary).

Vratar

Feb 19, 2019
Hi everyone! Thanks for the interest in my bike. To clarify a few things.

First, This bike is extremely fast. It’s made by Rimac Automobili, the world’s fastest electric car using the same technology.

Second, I am riding it mostly around my city to commute for short trips and charging it after only riding 7 miles. The battery is only ever down a few percent and it charges very quickly.

I have taken it out on the trails in the Peak District and got 45 mph and ridden for over an hour.

I’m happy to answer any further questions.

Let me know if you’re interested in taking a look! I love this bike and I’m only selling as I’m moving off the continent.

Thanks

• Informative

Amoto65

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 2, 2017
Cheshire
Totally illegal in all the above environments and the type of vehicle that will ruin it for other ebikers. Just noticed the same advert listed on Gumtree for sale in London and Nottingham.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: EddiePJ and tommie

Vratar

Feb 19, 2019
Totally illegal in all the above environments and the type of vehicle that will ruin it for other ebikers. Just noticed the same advert listed on Gumtree for sale in London and Nottingham.
Thanks for the plug! Yes it’s on Gumtree too! Wasn’t sure it was appropriate to mention that here. Cheers

Vratar

Feb 19, 2019
For
Trust me its not a plug.
For an ebike community, I’m very surprised that everyone is so anti-ebike. To each her own opinion but It’s not at all the reaction I was expecting. What’s the reason? (If any)

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
As already said, it's totally illegal to use in almost every country on the planet! If you want to produce high powered 2 wheel transport, look at the electric motorcycle market where your product would be welcomed.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Its not a pedelec but a fast lightish motorcycle .

Vratar

Feb 19, 2019
As already said, it's totally illegal to use in almost every country on the planet! If you want to produce high powered 2 wheel transport, look at the electric motorcycle market where your product would be welcomed.
Where an owner chooses to ride, and what laws they choose to abide by, are their own prerogative. This bike is legal to own and ride just like any other bike. You could make the case that a person that has any bike capable of exceeding the speed limit is riding an "illegal" bike. It's my opinion that an ebike community should always push for green transportation and this bike is cutting edge. Just because the government puts boundaries on speed for cars doesn't mean we deem cars that can exceed that speed illegal. Are you a lobby for the coal and automobile industry?

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
£6500?!

Wow! That's a lot of money for an electric moped.

Why did you buy it and why are you selling it so soon?

Vratar

Feb 19, 2019
£6500?!

Wow! That's a lot of money for an electric moped.

Why did you buy it and why are you selling it so soon?
Hi Andy,
Thanks for your interest. I bought it after seeing it at the Rimac Automobili booth at the Geneva Auto Show. It's absolutely incredible to ride! I was transferred to England shortly after and brought the bike with me. I was living in the mountains at the time and the electric motor made sense. I'm now moving overseas and it makes sense to sell at this point. It's epic and the new owner will have the time of their life riding it! I know it's a luxury item and not everyone will be in the market for it. I've already had serious interest in 1 day of having it listed as they are quite rare and this is a very wealthy country. Let me know if you are interested in purchasing. 6,500 is quite a discount from the new price with VAT.
Cheers,

Andy McNish

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 28, 2018
Where an owner chooses to ride, and what laws they choose to abide by, are their own prerogative. This bike is legal to own and ride just like any other bike. You could make the case that a person that has any bike capable of exceeding the speed limit is riding an "illegal" bike. It's my opinion that an ebike community should always push for green transportation and this bike is cutting edge. Just because the government puts boundaries on speed for cars doesn't mean we deem cars that can exceed that speed illegal. Are you a lobby for the coal and automobile industry?
"Where an owner chooses to ride, and what laws they choose to abide by, are their own prerogative."

I'm not sure that you get to 'choose' what laws you abide by and then claim immunity from criticism on that basis.

Can a thief or paedophile say 'you can't criticise me because whether I choose to obey the law or not is my business'? I think not.

OK so it may look like an a pointless 'victim free' crime he is committing to you but if he is taking a 50kg+ 4kw 45mph machine on on mixed use trails with dog walkers, normal bike users and familes out for a walk and opening the throttle that is incredibly dangerous.

Kinetic energy on impact formula is 1/2M x V^2.

So a 25kg bike with a 75kg person on it at 25 kph (7m/s) has an impact force of c. 2500 Joules

This 'bike' at 70kmh (20m/s) with the same rider would have an impact force of 25,000 Joules!

It could hit a dog/child/other bike with 10x the kinetic energy of a normal e-bike.

It's for road use only or where there is literally no-one else around IMHO.

• Informative
Reactions: Artstu

Vratar

Feb 19, 2019
"Where an owner chooses to ride, and what laws they choose to abide by, are their own prerogative."

I'm not sure that you get to 'choose' what laws you abide by and then claim immunity from criticism on that basis.

Can a thief or paedophile say 'you can't criticise me because whether I choose to obey the law or not is my business'? I think not.

OK so it may look like an a pointless 'victim free' crime he is committing to you but if he is taking a 50kg+ 4kw 45mph machine on on mixed use trails with dog walkers, normal bike users and familes out for a walk and opening the throttle that is incredibly dangerous.

Kinetic energy on impact formula is 1/2M x V^2.

So a 25kg bike with a 75kg person on it at 25 kph (7m/s) has an impact force of c. 2500 Joules

This 'bike' at 70kmh (20m/s) with the same rider would have an impact force of 25,000 Joules!

It could hit a dog/child/other bike with 10x the kinetic energy of a normal e-bike.

It's for road use only or where there is literally no-one else around IMHO.
Very good points Andy!

It is, in fact, a great responsibility to have such a quick accelerating and fast machine! This bike is not for everyone. I just assumed that people know that this bike can, in fact, ride up to 45 mph. You are not obligated to go that speed and certainly not when aimed at children or dogs. It has 3 modes including street, eco, and power. They are accessed by fingerprint and can be limited to one user to prevent abuse. In each mode the acceleration and maximum speed are different. Greyp strongly advises users not to break the law and ride in accordance with local regulations.

As to your points about where one could use this bike to its' full potential, that's up to the new owner. There are many people with private property and farms that would have a ball riding this. It can be fitted with knobby tyres to go off road. I've even seen videos of it competing quite well vs. motorcycles on a motocross track. It's an incredible machine.

My entire objective is to sell the bike as I'm moving, not debate ebike law in the UK. Surely you will admit comparing speeding to paedophilia and theft was a bit offside. I'm still not so sure why there is such passion against my ebike. Same team?IMG_4764.jpg

Message to potential buyers please send me a direct message as I see this post has become hostile towards you. Trust me, I won't bite and you will be treated very kindly!

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
Hi. Nice bike. A couple of questions if you would:

1. When was the bike originally purchased?
  2. Is the warranty transferrable and if so, how long is left on it?
Thanks.