GSM mid drive strange noise

FantaisyRat

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 22, 2015
Thanks for all the help, it's going back to woosh for inspection.
I am curious to know the woosh back because my engine starts to sound the same ... the third use :mad:

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
put a dollop of grease on the gear cogs and around the bottom bracket, also on the left side of the bottom bracket. Wait a few days for the grease to spread out. The rubbing noise should die out.

Nixtoo

Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2016
Update: I sent the unit back, no fault so I have to pay for return. £30 out of pocket, not happy :(

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I am very sorry to hear about this.
Let me find out a bit more. I will get back to you tomorrow.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Hi, I have attached the two videos that we made for you yesterday for the benefit of not just yourself but others too who may have similar queries. The videos show that there is very little resistance, it is completely in line with what we would expect to see on this type of motor. Our usual policy is that we would cover the cost of returning goods to you if they are found to be faulty, but if no fault is found, we ask that the customer covers this cost. We have inspected your unit, and also opened it up and greased it, all at no additional cost to yourself. We will, in this instance, also return the unit to you at our cost.

• Informative
Reactions: countarthur

Nixtoo

Pedelecer
Jan 30, 2016
Hi, I have attached the two videos that we made for you yesterday for the benefit of not just yourself but others too who may have similar queries. The videos show that there is very little resistance, it is completely in line with what we would expect to see on this type of motor. Our usual policy is that we would cover the cost of returning goods to you if they are found to be faulty, but if no fault is found, we ask that the customer covers this cost. We have inspected your unit, and also opened it up and greased it, all at no additional cost to yourself. We will, in this instance, also return the unit to you at our cost.

Thankyou, I really appreciate that.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
I can confirm the ease of movement shown in the above videos. It is so free moving that I am connecting a kill switch for when I am stopped at the lights.

Other notes:

There is no real motor run-on so a brake switch is not needed for stopping.

There is no need to cut the motor to change gear, gear changing is smooth as silk at least on my bike. I put this down to the quality of the chain (Connex nickel coated) and a reasonable chain line. My hub motor was much more brutal during gear changes and it is the same rear derailleur being used.

Question:

I have a tube of "Finish Line" bike grease with teflon flouropolymer - BB, headset et al grease. Will that do?

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011
that grease should be good. There is no plastic part inside the gearbox except the rubber seals on the ballbearings.