Guy on Facebook said Police took a ride on his bike ?

D

Deleted member 25121

If they were to enter your property (home) without a warrant to ascertain whether you are not growing drugs, making bombs, or doing nasty things without probable cause would you welcome them well?
They would not know if you weren't doing the above unlawful acts unless they searched you house?
I think if you were able to answer my question you'd have the answer to yours:

So it's lawful to stop a man who's carrying nasty weapons but not lawful to stop him if he's carrying no weapon.

How are the police to know whether or not he's carrying a weapon?

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
I think if you were able to answer my question you'd have the answer to yours:

So it's lawful to stop a man who's carrying nasty weapons but not lawful to stop him if he's carrying no weapon.

How are the police to know whether or not he's carrying a weapon?
I know the answer to mine but trying to get you looking into your flawed views.
Can i suggest you read the book by Eric Arthur Blair

• Agree
Reactions: LeighPing
D

Deleted member 25121

If they were to enter your property (home) without a warrant to ascertain whether you are not growing drugs, making bombs, or doing nasty things without probable cause would you welcome them well?
They would not know if you weren't doing the above unlawful acts unless they searched you house?
It would be unlawful for the police to enter my home without a warrant so I would not be happy. I believe they would need to convince a judge that they had reasonable cause to believe that I was doing one of those wrong things in order to get a search warrant.

Now back to my question:
Why is it lawful to stop a man who it turns out is carrying a nasty weapon but not lawful to stop him if it turns out he's carrying no weapon?

D

Deleted member 25121

lol

seek and thou shall find
Never mind.

Why is it lawful to stop a man who it turns out is carrying a nasty weapon but not lawful to stop him if it turns out he's carrying no weapon?

D

Deleted member 25121

You can't answer that can you. QED.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its called policed buy consent same as the bbc tv licence and how they try to enforce that you sure wont get judged buy any jury at a common law court.

its all fkn rigged ;)

Reactions: Bobajob
D

Deleted member 25121

• Useful
Reactions: Amoto65

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Why are you all getting so annoyed and worked up?
Allegedly, someone we don't know posted something on facebook.
Was it true?
Did he tell the whole story or his sanitised version off events?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
If the bike is the one on Facey thing then it has an illegal D/D hub which will be likely 1kw or more.

Bobajob

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 1, 2019
Cornwall
Why are you all getting so annoyed and worked up?
Allegedly, someone we don't know posted something on facebook.
Was it true?
Did he tell the whole story or his sanitised version off events?

I was enjoying the banter to be honest the aurthur Blair was funny

Michael Price

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2018
The 'set my speed dial to 15' bit really messes his up his argument
If a bike has a device that can set the cutoff speed to a different value - then it is not an ebike
The rules/law are clear on that - but he seems to be admitting that he has a dial to set it to a speed.
OK - it may be that this dial is buried deep in the system and it takes a screwdriver and 3 allen keys to get to it - but it does NOT read that way

Still - my reading of this is that the cyclist has a dodgy ebike (legally) - but the police person had no real evidence and fancied a go

There is no way he could test the speed cut off by riding it unless the motor is really loud - I have had 4 ebikes (still have 2 of them) and by the time I get to 15.5 mph the wind noise masks the motor noise on all of them. The only way to test it would be on a test rig - which I know my LBS has set up in their shop - currently it is cycling into a warm fire due to the weather

• Disagree
Reactions: Nealh