Help! Haibike trekking 7.5

DeuceBG

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 26, 2019
Also...I like the look of the Haibike Trekking 7.5.
Anyone know of them???

theloafer

Nov 28, 2017
durham
have a 7.0 just over a year now.:) and g/friend has the 5.0 both have never gave any problems at all ..

Reactions: DeuceBG

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
have a 7.0 just over a year now.:) and g/friend has the 5.0 both have never gave any problems at all ..
Can we get that into perspective? How many miles have you done in that time? Did you need to fit any services parts, like chain and sprockets? Did you need to take the pedal arm off to service the main bearing? Do you only ride when it's dry?

I ask these questions because I have a few electric bikes in my garage that have never given me any trouble in 10 years, except for the fact that they block my way to my motorbike that's been at the back for 20 years, and it has also given me no trouble during that time. I was wondering whether my bikes are therefore better than yours from the trouble-making point of view, specially because they didn't even need charging.

theloafer

Nov 28, 2017
durham
just got them both back from there full service clean bill of health nothing needed replacing... total distance 1769km battery 13 charges and still holds at 94% my g/friend was the same but hers only done 1135km battery was the same ... regards weather if out and it rains we got wet

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
just got them both back from there full service clean bill of health nothing needed replacing... total distance 1769km battery 13 charges and still holds at 94% my g/friend was the same but hers only done 1135km battery was the same ... regards weather if out and it rains we got wet
Can we ask how much the services cost and how many services they had in that time?

Last edited:

theloafer

Nov 28, 2017
durham
first was done in 2 months in (free) about may this one was done early last Wednesday as they are going up for sale so wanted to get all sorted service wise and the diagnostic's paper work ready £100 each bike

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

theloafer

Nov 28, 2017
durham
used to all my own too . but having had eye surgery back in 2013 (both eyes) my near vision is not up to it grrrr very annoying, the joys of ageing ;)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Thanks for that info. Now we have the whole running costs, which work out about 10p per mile for the first year without depreciation. I would expect a bit higher in the second year because the gear train will be starting to wear and there seems to be a peak of problems that come in the 1500 to 2000 mile period.

I hope you let us know how much you get for them so that we can get the whole cost of ownership for a year.

£100 is quite expensive for a service unless they replaced some parts, which they must have done for that price, which is why I asked. Maybe a new chain or sprocket or something. A normal checkover, adjust gears and brakes, and check and tighten spokes would take about an hour, so about £35 to £45 is what I'd expect to pay.

theloafer

Nov 28, 2017
durham
Thanks for that info. Now we have the whole running costs, which work out about 10p per mile for the first year without depreciation. I would expect a bit higher in the second year because the gear train will be starting to wear and there seems to be a peak of problems that come in the 1500 to 2000 mile period.

I hope you let us know how much you get for them so that we can get the whole cost of ownership for a year.

£100 is quite expensive for a service unless they replaced some parts, which they must have done for that price, which is why I asked. Maybe a new chain or sprocket or something. A normal checkover, adjust gears and brakes, and check and tighten spokes would take about an hour, so about £35 to £45 is what I'd expect to pay.
then add the full E-bike diagnostics £45 not far off

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
its not my bike lol mine has a fair few upgrades from stock ;)