Hailong Xl screw size

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I have bought 21ah mj1 hailong xl battery.

It has no BMS so I was ready so solder in. But when it arrived today I noticed I wasn't supplied with any screws to hold the case together

I've looked all over but cannot find the info

What size screws do I need and are they same length. From sight only I do t think so

Thanks for tolerating my niche requests!

Cheers
K

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
I put a call into a few places (woosh, instat and Brighton Ebikes) as I know they all use hailong packs amongst others.

Turns out different Chinese companies all make their hailong style differently. So screw size varies for the same 65 cell hailong case depending where made

Not sure why I'm suprised.... but I had thought that HL cases were standardised.

Nope they are not. So I post for those who might labour under same illusion as me

Several trips to Hove's the Nut and Bolt store later..... I'm sorted

M2. 5 and 25mm long in my instance

KirstinS

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 5, 2011
Brighton
You bought a battery, and it had no screws or BMS in it? That's never happened to me!
There is a forum member who is given batteries to test by a oem manufacturer. The BMS the system uses does a CAN handshake thing so it useless to me. Once he is finished doing whatever he does he is left with batteries which he is not required to return and has no personal use for.

Main point is 21ah of mj1 cells with just two cycles on was purchased for a serious fraction of the cost of any supplier. The time and effort of adding a standard BMS and finding a few screws is well. Worth it for me!!

(tbf I may even have lost the screws rather than not supplied. Not sure)