Halfords are truly shocking!

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Who did you get for that, Tony Blair, Jacob Rees Mogg, Nigel Farage?
genelec master studio monitors :p

Reactions: flecc

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
But how do you attach them to your bike, SW ties?

Now we know where the handle comes from, if you can't see Soundwave coming from a mile away you can certainly hear him !!

awol

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 4, 2013
I had to look at the original photo twice to notice it's those tyres, they have directional tread and they are going the wrong way round. Shocking the halfords mechanic never noticed.
They did a similar thing to me but I noticed the tread pattern after I'd cycled home with it, the handling felt a bit off.

D

Deleted member 25121

I had to look at the original photo twice to notice it's those tyres, they have directional tread and they are going the wrong way round. Shocking the halfords mechanic never noticed.
They did a similar thing to me but I noticed the tread pattern after I'd cycled home with it, the handling felt a bit off.
View attachment 31268
Don't you find you have to cycle with the handlebars in line with the bike rather than being at 90 degrees and that you can't turn left?

(I'm joking by the way ;););))

RossG

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 12, 2019
I was just thinking if you tried riding like that you'd go round and round in circles like a whirling dervish until you disappeared up your own Bafang !

wheeliepete

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 28, 2016
Devon
Just spotted another "Halfords special" for sale. The seller is trade and obviously knows his bikes inside out and back to front.;) Anyone looking for quality service and repair?:)

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: flecc and ebiker99

egroover

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 12, 2016
UK
I was in my local Halfords yesterday, and there was a Carrera mountain bike ready built and on display for sale with the forks facing the wrong way like the OP's, so it's not a one off....I'm kinda looking out for it now lol

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

Retired98

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jul 18, 2019
I have used local Halfords a couple of times with no problems, mainly as they will service / repair any bike. Local shop not really interested unless they sold you the bike. Should never have taken the bike away from the store, that’s shockingly bad,.