Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
Reactions: StuartsProjects

Glynned

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 28, 2021
Derbyshire uk

View attachment 44871
Not allowed elf and safety,that together with recovery contracts, has to be recovered. Plus the bobby who seized it may well have been on foot. Although I suppose he/she could have ridden it back to the nick, oh no that would be illegal.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I was cycling in to work the other day (on a non-electric bike!) and I saw what looked to be a very normal, small wheeled scooter join the cycle path just ahead of me. Boy was he zooming along. I accelerated and followed him for half a mile or so to try and see what speed he was doing and yup, it was between 20 and 25mph! I was shocked (and out of breath :) )
And if he hits a small pot hole off he goes in a chin bashing dive. Those little wheels are a danger on a powered vehicle.
Give me 29er on a 160mm fork any day :D

Reactions: guerney

Glynned

Finding my (electric) wheels
Apr 28, 2021
Derbyshire uk
There's three police cars in the background, so I'm wondering of they TPAC'd the scooterist? :)
Yes but they would seem to be parked up at the Police Station and they might be unloading said scooter? To put it in secure storage until they can decide what to do with it, but I could be totally wrong.

guerney

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 7, 2021
Such a waste of (probably) decent batteries! It'd be wonderful if they sold the battery packs in Police auctions...

Gliggsy

Pedelecer
May 15, 2020
Just got back from a few days in Rome where these things are legal, download an app' read the qr code and away you go, problem is they are literally just dumped everywhere for pedestrians to clamber over, no registered parking spots and no road rules from what I saw and very nippy

UrbanPuma

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 11, 2007
These scooters are very fast, but the ones being piloted/rented are 12.5mph max. Shop bought escooters are being confiscated in London with £150 fine to collect from the pound and £20 per day until retrieved, then they are disposed of. Think you get points on licence too.