Slartibartfast

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2019
In the 1960’s governments were trying figure out how to spy on everyone and spent fortunes bugging everything. Bet it never occurred to them it would be so simple in the future, all they had to do was sell a trendy piece of tech to everyone and then wait for the population to just tell them.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
In the 1960’s governments were trying figure out how to spy on everyone and spent fortunes bugging everything. Bet it never occurred to them it would be so simple in the future, all they had to do was sell a trendy piece of tech to everyone and then wait for the population to just tell them.
yet they cant even find a drone over a airport pmsl

sjpt

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 8, 2018
Winchester
only the few who throw money at Apples and I-phones.
not me, but more than just a few ... but they will probably want a Siri enabled ebike for extra unreliability.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I trust what you say SW as I don't use apping or smart phones. Generally I have a great mistrust for all things techy and their capabilities.. The only thing I use a lot is this machine I type on.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
so you buy a alexa speaker you then need a phone and the alexa app installed to talk to the speaker this needs a account to be set up with email and password for a cloud account to talk to each other.

you buy a smart light bulb again you need the app for the light bulb and again email address and password for a cloud account.

you then go to the skills setting in alexa to add a new skill the light bulb app and will ask for the email and password to access to cloud account to connect to the light bulb.

you can now turn off the light via the phone if the app is open and press the talk function or speaker if in range.

also just because it is wifi dont mean it will work with alexa as the app needs to be in the added skills page in alexa app.

and you want the hole house like this good fkn luck setting all that up :rolleyes:

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
There are a lot of people trying to run my life who don’t pay my bills, do I want any more? NO THANKS.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc and Nealh

Slartibartfast

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2019
so you buy a alexa speaker you then need a phone and the alexa app installed to talk to the speaker this needs a account to be set up with email and password for a cloud account to talk to each other.

you buy a smart light bulb again you need the app for the light bulb and again email address and password for a cloud account.

you then go to the skills setting in alexa to add a new skill the light bulb app and will ask for the email and password to access to cloud account to connect to the light bulb.

you can now turn off the light via the phone if the app is open and press the talk function or speaker if in range.

also just because it is wifi dont mean it will work with alexa as the app needs to be in the added skills page in alexa app.

and you want the hole house like this good fkn luck setting all that up :rolleyes:
I use what we old people call a 'switch' on the wall. Seems to work well. I keep losing my home phone. It's a cordless one. I am thinking of bringing back a phone that you can use in your house that attaches to a small box on the wall via a curly bit of cable. No dashing around in panic looking for the phone anymore! Genius!

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
I use what we old people call a 'switch' on the wall. Seems to work well. I keep losing my home phone. It's a cordless one. I am thinking of bringing back a phone that you can use in your house that attaches to a small box on the wall via a curly bit of cable. No dashing around in panic looking for the phone anymore! Genius!
My home phone still has a curly bit and plugs in to a small wall box.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
1547423442242.png
https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/07/amazon-extends-its-key-delivery-service-to-third-party-smart-locks-and-garage-doors/

I sat on the internet-connected Numi 2.0, which connects to other Kohler devices in your home via Kohler Konnect, and I also got to contemplate the world while sitting on the PureWarmth toilet seat with a heated seat and an integrated nightlight.

“It’s really about cleaning, comfort, and control,” said a Kohler spokesman who showed it to me. “It has integrated lighting, integrated sound, and a lot of great control features.”

It lights up. You can connect via Bluetooth to your music collection, in case you want your time on the commode to be more soothing. It automatically opens when you walk up to it. You can say via Alexa to “Start my shower,” and it can turn on your Kohler shower. You can get on the Internet and do some reading.

And of course, it automatically flushes. The first Numi came out in 2013. Numi 2.0 costs $8,000. Kohler Konnect lets you configure your different bathroom products together, and you can control them via Alexa voice integration.

It’s all part of a suite of products that includes the Verdera Voice Lighted Mirror, the Sensate Touchless kitchen faucet, DTV+ shower system, PerfectFill bath filler, and PureWarmth heated toilet seat.

Jimo

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 15, 2018
Fakenham, Norfolk
Quite a load of non useable expensive rubbish, just NOT NEEDED!

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
My home phone still has a curly bit and plugs in to a small wall box.
My curly bit must be in my brain, since I always return my DECT phone to its base and never mislay keys etc.

I have a simple home motto:

"A place for everything and everything in its place".

Works well.

Slartibartfast

Pedelecer
Jan 4, 2019
View attachment 28503
https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/07/amazon-extends-its-key-delivery-service-to-third-party-smart-locks-and-garage-doors/

I sat on the internet-connected Numi 2.0, which connects to other Kohler devices in your home via Kohler Konnect, and I also got to contemplate the world while sitting on the PureWarmth toilet seat with a heated seat and an integrated nightlight.

“It’s really about cleaning, comfort, and control,” said a Kohler spokesman who showed it to me. “It has integrated lighting, integrated sound, and a lot of great control features.”

It lights up. You can connect via Bluetooth to your music collection, in case you want your time on the commode to be more soothing. It automatically opens when you walk up to it. You can say via Alexa to “Start my shower,” and it can turn on your Kohler shower. You can get on the Internet and do some reading.

And of course, it automatically flushes. The first Numi came out in 2013. Numi 2.0 costs $8,000. Kohler Konnect lets you configure your different bathroom products together, and you can control them via Alexa voice integration.

It’s all part of a suite of products that includes the Verdera Voice Lighted Mirror, the Sensate Touchless kitchen faucet, DTV+ shower system, PerfectFill bath filler, and PureWarmth heated toilet seat.
Blimey, that's a bog?