Has anyone heard of or tried Toseven mid drive?

Voltsnamps

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 27, 2023
It doesn't void the warranty. No you cannot use the bafang throttle please do not attach it.
We have 2 throttle options. We can ship you one no problem
Interesting, obviously we’ve all been using the same universal throttle on Bafang and Tong Shen for years, many options to change.
Your basic one looks like same old, is pinout different ?
only 3 wires, shouldn’t be hard to get it to normal standard
Your upspec one looks trick, aesthetic joy or better (smoother) action ?

It would be good to read of someone actually using and testing a toseven hard, ie giving it 52v , some amps and steep climbs, any links .?
I need tech detail not fancy youtubes vids that tell you nothing

u1v1w1

Pedelecer
Sep 23, 2020
I think JohnnyNerdout was the one who said that there is going to be produced DM-01 with cooling fins for better efficiency soon so users will still have to use the "outdated" BBSHD for a while.

alexfnoble

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2023
I think JohnnyNerdout was the one who said that there is going to be produced DM-01 with cooling fins for better efficiency soon so users will still have to use the "outdated" BBSHD for a while.

Johnny got that wrong. Hes going to have them in stock shortly

alexfnoble

Pedelecer
Mar 22, 2023
According to joeows6537 YouTube user on JohnnyNerdout unboxing video Toseven motor stators have tighter pressure fitting in housing than Bafang resulting in better cooling.
If you check out the high voltage channel you will see the the little 02 motor being ran at 1.5kw without issue and even ran as high as 2.5kw for a period. As far as i know They have ran the 01 at 3kw.

It shows the motors have no problem with heatsinking. Also a demonstration of how durable the components and build quality is that they can be pushed to that power levels.

At stock they are very comfortable within their rated power and will give many years of reliable use

Reactions: elinx