Has Cyclezee ceased trading?

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
I was just browsing through some ebike suppliers when it occurred to me that I hadn't heard anything of Cyclezee for a while. On looking up the website, I was unable to make any contact with that domain, leading me to suspect the company may have ceased trading.

My apologies if I have missed reports of such news if it indeed has been reported. Equally, my apologies if he is still trading, perhaps under a different name ?

Any word on Ezee bikes in the UK?

Tom

Reactions: 4bound

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I've heard nothing, I haven't been in touch with Cyclezee for a while now.

Maybe he has given up the fight in this crowded business and gone back to his maxillofacial career.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
or like some of us, feeling tired, can't find a successor, finally give up and retire?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Either way, if Cyclezee's quitted it presents Wai Won Ching with the need for a UK Ezee agent for the fourth time. I don't want to see the brand absent since they have one of the best hub motors in the business.

• Agree
Reactions: Woosh
D

Deleted member 4366

He told me that he's winding down his operation. He mentioned that he will still support spare parts, but I also heard from somebody else that he doesn't answer emails on the subject. You can still get spare parts from www.ebikes.ca if he can't help, but it looks like you can't buy Ezee bikes anymore unless he has some unsold stock.

I'm working on an Ezee bike right now. The plan was to update the controller, but I found out that you can't run Ezee motors with any of the decent modern controllers because they run backwards compared with other motors and the timing becomes wrong if you try and reverse the direction using the wiring. This bike is 9 years old and still going strong. The lady owner also has a Bosch bike, but it can't her get up the steep hills where she lives, so she needs the Ezee bike kept alive.

As an aside, somebody wheeled a very similar Ezee Liv into my local e-bike shop. It looks like it has a brushed motor though. Does anybody know about this motor? I've never seen one before. It looks the same as a normal Ezee motor except that the wire comes out the other side and the wire is much thinner.

• Informative
Reactions: flecc

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
As an aside, somebody wheeled a very similar Ezee Liv into my local e-bike shop. It looks like it has a brushed motor though. Does anybody know about this motor? I've never seen one before.
Back in 2003/4 Ezee had a lead acid battery model with that brushed motor. I can't remember its model name off hand.

Later in 2007 they introduced the Liv model as a lower cost version of their Sprint model, using that old brush motor. It was only on the market for a couple of years. I don't know anything about the motor or who made it, but I remember one of the older bikes in Switzerland that the owner claimed had covered 50,000 kilometres, so the motor seems reliable.

zebody

Pedelecer
Oct 19, 2009
East Yorkshire
Very sad, was a top honest man to deal and gave me excellent service.
I have the original ezeetorq mk 1 2006 (son in law uses it for work now)
A 2009 mk 2 ezeetorq still going strong
Last year I bought 2 ezee forzas for me and Mrs great bikes.
Last dealings I had about a couple of months ago he exchanged a faulty charger for me.
I do hope he is well.
The ezee has been for me legendary strong powerful make if Cycleeze has finished trading I hope someone will pick up the business.
I will keep an eye on this thread for information

C

Cyclezee

I never post on the Pedelec Forum these days, this is a one time exception.

Frankly I got tired of all the bitchy comments, rudeness and repetition, I guess I just don’t have stamina for it, but I do have a look occasionally.

Another reason was the way I was treated like a naughty child by the Forum admin, I just won't put up with that!

I saw this thread and the short answer is yes, Cyclezee has stopped trading…well almost, I’m just tying up a few loose ends.
My reason is quite simple, about a year ago I planed to retire at the end of the 2017 financial year and give up the business in pursuit of a life of leisure, freedom to travel and debauchery.

My current situation is that I have given up my warehouse / workshop and have no bike new bikes left for sale, just my own eZee Torq and a couple of converted bikes that I may or may not hang on to.

The same applies to eZee spares and conversion kits, only a small amount of stock, but anything that I don’t have can still be sourced through me or directly from eZee.

Contrary to what D8veh said I always have and always will respond to emails 7 days a week, eventually the email addresses ending with @cyclezee.com will no longer be in operation, if anyone does wish to contact me cyclezee@gmail.com is the best option.

I closed the Cyclezee website last week.

I will still be providing warranty cover for anything Cyclezee sold until cover has expired. Being that I sold a new Ansmann kit only last week that could be for as long as 4 years.

Wai Won Ching CEO of eZee will be looking for a new UK importer and is coming to stay in July, but so far there is no one to take on the eZee mantle in the UK, if any one out there is interested they can contact him directly or I can put them in touch.

My good friend Dr. Andreas Schroeer, the Heinzmann UK importer is continuing and will deal with any Heinzmann requirements, although he has recently moved from Milton Keynes to wilds of Norfolk.

Ansmann e-bike products can be sourced directly from Ansmann UK.

The only item I will keep going for as long as hub motors are still around is our Made in MK torque arms which have sold in hundreds through various outlets around the world though

Best regards to all and thank you for your custom over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:cool: Wishing you a very happy retirement, life is short so enjoy :).

:( Sad though that Cyclezee is no more.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
Good luck ! More than a little envious of your plans.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

oldtom

Esteemed Pedelecer
My reason is quite simple, about a year ago I planed to retire at the end of the 2017 financial year and give up the business in pursuit of a life of leisure, freedom to travel and debauchery.
All the very best for a long and happy retirement. Your input in these pages has been missed in your absence.

Slangevar!

Tom

Kenny

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2007
West of Scotland
Hope you enjoy taking life a bit easier.

You've always been a great electric bike enthusiast and I remember in the early days of the forum you were usually first to get hold of the latest bikes and share your thoughts on them.

It was your very favorable views on the Pro Connect that inspired my first purchase, which is still giving me a lot of fun eight years on.

Would be nice if you continued to post in the forum to share your extensive bike knowledge and experience.

Reactions: Cyclezee and flecc

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
He told me that he's winding down his operation. He mentioned that he will still support spare parts, but I also heard from somebody else that he doesn't answer emails on the subject. You can still get spare parts from www.ebikes.ca if he can't help, but it looks like you can't buy Ezee bikes anymore unless he has some unsold stock.

I'm working on an Ezee bike right now. The plan was to update the controller, but I found out that you can't run Ezee motors with any of the decent modern controllers because they run backwards compared with other motors and the timing becomes wrong if you try and reverse the direction using the wiring. This bike is 9 years old and still going strong. The lady owner also has a Bosch bike, but it can't her get up the steep hills where she lives, so she needs the Ezee bike kept alive.

As an aside, somebody wheeled a very similar Ezee Liv into my local e-bike shop. It looks like it has a brushed motor though. Does anybody know about this motor? I've never seen one before. It looks the same as a normal Ezee motor except that the wire comes out the other side and the wire is much thinner.
If its the same ezee motor as the torq 2,the wiring for replacement controllers is,phase wires yellow to blue, blue to yellow,green to green,hall wires,blue to green,red to red,black to black,green to blue,and yellow to yellow.

1boris

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2013

Thank you for confirming this.I wasnt sure but I thought I found out the same with my new Mac 10 cassette motor.I found ONE good hall sensor combination with a s09 sinewave controller brom bms battery.The 48v 18ah battery with an inbuild controller.the motor was quet and didnt draw much current at no load.But the motor was rotating the wrong way.But then I saw this:
https://bmsbattery.com/home/841-m1000w-48v-high-speed-rear-hub-motor-for-ebike.html

https://bmsbattery.com/ebike-kit/721-s12sn-1000w-40a-torque-simulation-sine-wave-controller-ebike-kit.html