Has Cyclezee ceased trading?

D

Deleted member 4366

If its the same ezee motor as the torq 2,the wiring for replacement controllers is,phase wires yellow to blue, blue to yellow,green to green,hall wires,blue to green,red to red,black to black,green to blue,and yellow to yellow.
I tried it with all combinations on several LCD controllers, but had no success. It ran with an older KU93 and another old controller, butthe owner wanted a LCD. In the end, I had to put it back to standard with the Ezee controller, which is still working.

falmouthtony

Esteemed Pedelecer
I never post on the Pedelec Forum these days, this is a one time exception.

Frankly I got tired of all the bitchy comments, rudeness and repetition, I guess I just don’t have stamina for it, but I do have a look occasionally.

Another reason was the way I was treated like a naughty child by the Forum admin, I just won't put up with that!

I saw this thread and the short answer is yes, Cyclezee has stopped trading…well almost, I’m just tying up a few loose ends.
My reason is quite simple, about a year ago I planed to retire at the end of the 2017 financial year and give up the business in pursuit of a life of leisure, freedom to travel and debauchery.

My current situation is that I have given up my warehouse / workshop and have no bike new bikes left for sale, just my own eZee Torq and a couple of converted bikes that I may or may not hang on to.

The same applies to eZee spares and conversion kits, only a small amount of stock, but anything that I don’t have can still be sourced through me or directly from eZee.

Contrary to what D8veh said I always have and always will respond to emails 7 days a week, eventually the email addresses ending with @cyclezee.com will no longer be in operation, if anyone does wish to contact me cyclezee@gmail.com is the best option.

I closed the Cyclezee website last week.

I will still be providing warranty cover for anything Cyclezee sold until cover has expired. Being that I sold a new Ansmann kit only last week that could be for as long as 4 years.

Wai Won Ching CEO of eZee will be looking for a new UK importer and is coming to stay in July, but so far there is no one to take on the eZee mantle in the UK, if any one out there is interested they can contact him directly or I can put them in touch.

My good friend Dr. Andreas Schroeer, the Heinzmann UK importer is continuing and will deal with any Heinzmann requirements, although he has recently moved from Milton Keynes to wilds of Norfolk.

Ansmann e-bike products can be sourced directly from Ansmann UK.

The only item I will keep going for as long as hub motors are still around is our Made in MK torque arms which have sold in hundreds through various outlets around the world though

Best regards to all and thank you for your custom over the years,
Best wishes. Thanks for your help with stuff.

Reactions: Cyclezee

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I doubt anybody will take on the ezee bikes,once probably the top bikes of the time,after a run of poor batteries they lost sales,even now i think the motors are as good as anything else available today,but the overall bike design seems to have failed to keep up with the competition,old models with a different paint job,are not going to compete with the latest sleek looking frames.

• Agree
Reactions: RobF

TZC

Pedelecer
Feb 4, 2014
Since you just replied here's one more, thanks! Another satisfied customer both in service and merchandise, this mk2 is running strong and I'm still very happy to have chosen it. You and cycleezee will be missed, but enjoy :)

C

Cyclezee

I doubt anybody will take on the ezee bikes,once probably the top bikes of the time,after a run of poor batteries they lost sales,even now i think the motors are as good as anything else available today,but the overall bike design seems to have failed to keep up with the competition,old models with a different paint job,are not going to compete with the latest sleek looking frames.
Whether some one in the UK will take on eZee is debatable, the UK is only small market for them.
But as for keeping up with the competition I disagree, there are 15 year old eZee bikes still running strong, how many bikes from the competition will still be around in 15 years? The very first eZee Torq to come to the UK shown below just sold for over £300, quite remarkable.
s-l1600 (8).jpg
They also do modern and niche bikes but with the bullet proof eZee motor at the heart.
eZee Primero GTS
eZeebike-Primero-GTS-e1497975993203.jpg

eZee Longabike, unique leaning semi recumbent trike with solar option
19397154_319154978509654_2009078676276440582_n.jpg
17308807_275752889516530_780371317166815761_n.jpg
Expedir utility / cargo bike
ezee-expedir-alfine-electric-cargo-bicycle-1_1024x1024.jpeg

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
I totally agree with you regarding the ezee motor,being at the heart of the bikes,and i am yet to see any other motor that i think, i would really like one to replace my ezee motor,as a kit i still think ezee would make a good choice,but the current range of complete ebikes is a bit too niche,nothing to appeal to mr average or even above average,certainly not the masses.

• Agree
Reactions: mike killay
D

Deleted member 4366

i am yet to see any other motor that i think, i would really like one to replace my ezee motor
You'd love a Q128C. Totally silent, very smooth and very powerful. Whether it would last as long is doubtful, but I don't think you'd care about that because it3 so go while you have it. Things have moved on and the Ezee kit has been left behind. The Ezee kit makes a good workhorse, but it it lacks the refinement of the modern systems.

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
Whether some one in the UK will take on eZee is debatable, the UK is only small market for them.
But as for keeping up with the competition I disagree, there are 15 year old eZee bikes still running strong, how many bikes from the competition will still be around in 15 years? The very first eZee Torq to come to the UK shown below just sold for over £300, quite remarkable.
View attachment 20149
They also do modern and niche bikes but with the bullet proof eZee motor at the heart.
eZee Primero GTS
View attachment 20142

View attachment 20143
View attachment 20145
View attachment 20147
View attachment 20149
eZee Primero GTS
View attachment 20142

View attachment 20143
View attachment 20145
View attachment 20147
Hey, i'd want a longabike ,alas & alack not likely from MK.
Best wishes.

grldtnr

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
south east Essex
Well,I would have to see it first for a test ride, had a Google of it Nuvinci hearing ,is a bit off putting, I have ridden Nuvinci around test track at Redbridge, didn't like it much. Seems the motor is in one of the rear wheels.
No mention of price ,but leaning through the bends would be wicked! ( snapping of fingers)

C

Cyclezee

Well,I would have to see it first for a test ride, had a Google of it Nuvinci hearing ,is a bit off putting, I have ridden Nuvinci around test track at Redbridge, didn't like it much. Seems the motor is in one of the rear wheels.
No mention of price ,but leaning through the bends would be wicked! ( snapping of fingers)
Nu Vinci is a bit like Marmite and if it isn't your thing then it can be specified with a Nexus or Alfine hub.

Yes the motor is in the left rear wheel, I can't give you a UK retail price, but it will be less than a non electric non leaning Hase Kettwiesel delta trike.

From what I have been told the closest place to try one will Eurobike at the end of next month.

Memo to self: This is starting to sound like a sales pitch and I'm not out to sell or persuade anyone to buy anything, so time to shut upo_O

The only reason I am on here is because I am currently house bound with man flu:(

Last edited by a moderator: