''Hawk''cycles

avronb

Pedelecer
Oct 8, 2011
My local ''Hawk''cycle store as just started selling E.Power XCELL e.bikes for £400,anyone heard of them??.

C

Cyclezee

I don't know the bike, but it has 24v lead acid batteries and a Currie motor.

I can't believe I am saying this, but for that money, I would take a punt on a Cyclamatic Power Plus.

Better still a used eZee bike;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It's also listed by a number of other outlets at prices from £399 to £499, and ominously by the Bankrupt Bike Parts website, so future spares or support might be problematic:

Bankrupt Bike Parts

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
Tesco are selling a 'Hopper' make 20 inch wheel electric folder for £400. Claims to have a lithium battery. No other spec. and it is only in the new catalogue, not on the web site.

indalo

Banned
Sep 13, 2009
Herts & Spain
Tesco are selling a 'Hopper' make 20 inch wheel electric folder for £400. Claims to have a lithium battery. No other spec. and it is only in the new catalogue, not on the web site.
I've just seen that in their new catalogue while waiting in Tesco's foyer for my other half. I have no interest in a folding bike but at that money, I think one could forgive any minor shortcomings it might have compared to the class leaders in that niche market.

Indalo

jc74

Pedelecer
Jul 8, 2011
Has anyone bought, seen or tried one of these Tesco Hopper e-Bikes? Would be very interesting to hear of any experiences, since I'm very tempted for a folding ebike which can go on a train at that price...

jazper53

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 20, 2012
Brighton
Its only details of the electric system is the battery,
and does not seem to give out any more info, which is not very helpful to prospective customers, unless ur looking for a waterproof bike !