Heads Up, Brompton Sparticle

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Nice looking bike, but that is not the way to sell anything on Ebay. You have to start price low to generate interest and bids, which again gathers more interest........You just have to set a reserve price to safeguard yourself:)

C

Cyclezee

Nice looking bike, but that is not the way to sell anything on Ebay. You have to start price low to generate interest and bids, which again gathers more interest........You just have to set a reserve price to safeguard yourself:)
That would have been my strategy Eddie, but time will tell. Could be exactly what someone is looking for, but I would have used BIN and reserve prices. However with no bids todate, there is still the opportunity to edit.

J:) hn

dmcgoldrick

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 17, 2010
This bike is on eBay, I know the owner and it is in absolutely mint condition BROMPTON SPARTICLE - Electric Folding Bike 2009 model on eBay (end time 08-Mar-11 19:26:27 GMT)

J:) hn
nice machine but well over priced on the second hand ebay market.......
new brompton £600....kit £800
starting price for 2 year old bike (probably needs new battery) £1349.....

also note from suppliers site
*NB* You should note that this is not a Brompton product, it is an aftermarket add-on. It is important you are aware that Brompton will void the warranty of any of their bikes fitted with this or any other econversion kit.

your friend may get some interest starting at about £700 ! (ie half price) unless this is a collectors special edition ?
regards

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
The bike is owned by shemozzle999 who posts on this forum. I think he has listed it on ebay before and also on here in the classifieds a couple of times.

He also sells a Brompton latch extension block for when you fit a motor. I purchased one off him. He is a top guy and even sent me another block FOC when he realised the one he sent me was too short, before I managed to shorten my extra long motor shaft :eek:

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Yes I think overpriced as well......a spanking NEW kit (£800) on seconhand bike (approx £300 on gumtree) is £1100:confused:

daniel.weck

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 8, 2009
on seconhand bike (approx £300 on gumtree)
At that price it's either a very old Brompton or a stolen example ;)
Okay, I may be caricaturing, but I'd say: be careful with Gumtree sales. :)