Heavy Ezee Throttle

kevinfox

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2009
I've just received a replacement Ezee throttle after my original smashed when the bike fell over on the train. The replacement is very heavy to operate, is there any way of dismantling it and either removing or stretching the spring to make it lighter? Alternatively is there a different lighter throttle that can be fitted? This thing has more spring tension than my 1300CC bike throttle and that's heavier than I'd like!!!
Thanks in advance
Kevin

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
It is possible but tricky. If you look inside the throttle sleeve you'll see four latching claws that are part of the business end assembly. If you can prise them out of latching, the assembly ends part company. Then you can try stretching the spiral spring and you might find an alternative hole for it to anchor too.

Some members remove the spring altogether to make it a positive roll on/rolloff function.

kevinfox

Pedelecer
Apr 20, 2009
Thanks for the reply, I think I'm going to go with the no spring offering. I see the 4 attachment points, any idea how to persuade them to separate?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
That's the tricky bit, I find something screwdriver-like, thin enough to prise them up one at a time and stress them in enough to be a bit loose latching when a bit of force does the trick. You could prise them in one at a time, then inserting a shim to keep each unlatched in turn.

Basically they aren't designed to be stripped.