Heinzman Estelle Elegance - Climbing ability

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
There is a Heinzman Estelle Elegance on ebay and I am curious does anyone have any realworld experience of this bike and its hill climbing ability.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
here is some spec..not sure if same bike though

Electric Bike Sales - Shop Online for Electric Bikes, Electric Vehicles and Cycle Accessories - Heinzmann Estelle Elegance 10Ah

edit: just looked at auction, that is a hefty looking front motor! From what I have learnt on here these are supposed to be powerful but noisey as steel gears I think.....

looks like he has gone for the high speed option...I would prefer the high torque on

nice looking bike though, but probably weighs a ton so no good to us

Last edited:

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
with the options fitted it is a £3000 bike. The weight would not matter as I'm sure it pulls like a train...Lifting onto camper bike rack makes it out of the question for us, I would have gone for it for the wife otherwise. Also with the HS option, range with only one battery will be poor I would think.

BUT if just for getting you around Sanderstead hills I would think it ideal.if you can get it for around £1000 it is a steal. @ £1500 upwards you could have a lighter more modern bike with warranty

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
All reports and reviews say top quality, but the Heinzmann motor is dated now, though quite powerful. The legal 200 watt unit is a bit noisy but uses a nylon gear, all above that use a steel gear and are very noisy. The main reason for the noisiness of these brush motors is using a single gearwheel and rack, rather than the balanced orbital triple gearwheel of the SB and similar motors.

eddieo

Banned
Jul 7, 2008
Well it went for £920.....Anyone on here have the sense to nab a real bargain?

PJM

Pedelecer
Mar 31, 2011
I didnt bid as I could not get an answer on the bikes age and or battery age. With battery cost at £560 I was not willing to take the chance.