Heinzmann direct drive

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
I hope the batteries are cheaper than some other 'in frame' batteries John ?

Nice kit though :)

Lynda :)

C

Cyclezee

Hi Lynda,

I don't have the final price for the down tube battery as yet, they have just been released, but it is expected to be in the region of £450 to £500.

Compared to some other German or Canadian manufacturers I could mention it is an absolute bargain.

To the best of my knowledge, 14.25Ah which is made by BMZ, is the largest capacity 'in frame' battery available from a mainstream manufacturer.

The 11Ah rear rack battery is priced at £335.

Heinzmann don't make cheap kits, just high quality and good value for money.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
To the best of my knowledge, 14.25Ah which is made by BMZ, is the largest capacity 'in frame' battery available from a mainstream manufacturer.
In the centre triangle yes, but at 513 Wh topped by two more from BMZ, albeit in a different part of the frame:

540 Wh (36v 15Ah for the Kalkhoff Impulse units).

624 Wh (26v 24Ah for the Panasonic units).

D

Deleted member 4366

Hi Lynda,

I don't have the final price for the down tube battery as yet, they have just been released, but it is expected to be in the region of £450 to £500.

Compared to some other German or Canadian manufacturers I could mention it is an absolute bargain.

That's not too bad considering the capacity. Do they have daft software communication like Bosch and Bionx so that you can't use them with other systems?

C

Cyclezee

In the centre triangle yes, but at 513 Wh topped by two more from BMZ, albeit in a different part of the frame:

540 Wh (36v 15Ah for the Kalkhoff Impulse units).

624 Wh (26v 24Ah for the Panasonic units).
I was of course meaning in the triangle Tony, as for 'in the frame' and outside the triangle, eZee now have a 36v 28Ah 1,008 Wh battery that will fit any eZee bike although, as with their 20 Ah, the case is 7.5 cm longer than the standard 10, 14 or 15Ah. Incidentally, eZee have now switched from Samsung to Sony cells.

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
I was of course meaning in the triangle Tony, as for 'in the frame' and outside the triangle, eZee now have a 36v 28Ah 1,008 Wh battery that will fit any eZee bike although, as with their 20 Ah, the case is 7.5 cm longer than the standard 10, 14 or 15Ah. Incidentally, eZee have now switched from Samsung to Sony cells.
Hello John,

With ALL fun and joke aside that is darn good stuff you are talking about.

Santa, Santa where are you Santa.

MS.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hi Lynda,

Hi John

That does sound very reasonable especially compared to other makes.
I have always really liked the idea of in frame batteries, it just seems such a sensible use of space.

Previously the prices have just sent me into fits of hysterical laughter.......:eek:

Do they do a folding model too ?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi John

I have always really liked the idea of in frame batteries, it just seems such a sensible use of space.

Previously the prices have just sent me into fits of hysterical laughter.......:eek:

Why would you want a folding battery Lynda? :confused:

C

Cyclezee

That's not too bad considering the capacity. Do they have daft software communication like Bosch and Bionx so that you can't use them with other systems?
Sorry Dave,

Can't answer that one, simply because right now I don't know.

I will find out in due course.

C

Cyclezee

Hi John

Hi Lynda,

Anything will fold or bend if enough pressure is applied..............short pause for someone to give a lecture on physics and tell me otherwise.

Sorry, I was being uncharacteristically flippant.

There are many examples of Heinzmann kits fitted to folders, I even saw one shoehorned between the front forks of a Brompton, not some thing to try at home unless your name is Dave or Tony.

C

Cyclezee

Why would you want a folding battery Lynda? :confused:
I did wondered if that is what Lynda meant, but I'm too much of a gentleman to ask a lady such a question.

Last edited by a moderator:

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Haha ......dont worry MS..... John already knows the answers :eek:

My loving sexy Lynda that's still not good enough,we must learn the intricate art of sharing. Forget those olden days of penny for your thoughts and a nickel for a kiss :confused: XX Merry Christmas XX.

MS.