Hello everyone

waldey

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 1, 2012
Hi everyone. I'm looking forwards to sharing my experiences and learning from others as I explore the benefits of electrically assisted cycling.
I'm in my early 50s, now and haven't cycled regularly for many years or been able to find any suitable form of exercise after knee surgery x 3 and a spinal fusion. Various reviews and clips on TV made me aware of electric bikes and so the research began.
Yesterday, I picked up a Wisper 806 Alpino from Electric Bike Sales in Oxford and hope to start commuting to work as soon as possible. I’m thrilled to pieces at the prospect of getting back out on two wheels again. I just hope my choice of bike will prove to be a good one, as I couldn’t find a single review on the internet. Maybe I can put that right in the near future.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum Waldey There tends to be less reviews of smaller wheel bikes since they are in the minority, but you can be sure that a Wisper e-bike is always a good buy. That company's support is one of the best in the industry and as a result they are popular and their second hand values are good.

OldBob1

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 11, 2012
Staffordshire
Welcome Waldey, I to have found the fun of an e-bike, live in a village for 47 years and now starting to find out where that road or path when to!! and with the folder I can expanded the search area!!!

Keep your battery well charged and Enjoy:)

Bob

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Hi everyone. I'm looking forwards to sharing my experiences and learning from others as I explore the benefits of electrically assisted cycling.
I'm in my early 50s, now and haven't cycled regularly for many years or been able to find any suitable form of exercise after knee surgery x 3 and a spinal fusion. Various reviews and clips on TV made me aware of electric bikes and so the research began.
Yesterday, I picked up a Wisper 806 Alpino from Electric Bike Sales in Oxford and hope to start commuting to work as soon as possible. I’m thrilled to pieces at the prospect of getting back out on two wheels again. I just hope my choice of bike will prove to be a good one, as I couldn’t find a single review on the internet. Maybe I can put that right in the near future.
Welcome to the Forum Waldey, and thanks for investing in a Wisper!

Please let me know how you get on?

All the best,

David

waldey

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 1, 2012
First commute to work today, and I'm overjoyed. I don't care how much (or little) it costs to run, how much I might save on petrol & I'm no more bothered about my carbon footprint than the next man. However, the joy of being able to cycle again and riding up a steep hill at a steady 13mph that previously totally defeated me is almost indescribable. I only wish I’d done this sooner. Cracking little bike too. Doesn’t feel like a folder at all. Thank you for your welcome messages, they were very much appreciated.