Hello from Poland!

Janusz

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 10, 2016
Poland
Hello to All.
I am using e-bikes for more than 6 years already. Recently owning Kalkhoff Agattu Impulse. This bike I am riding every day commutting to work and back, altogether 16 KM. No problems untill now. Recently the bike developed a problem of clicking and crunching while pedalling and then skipping without pulling the chain. It appeared to the problem with the freewheel mechaninsm inside the motor. The present situation is that I am looking for some spareparts to remove the problem. Can give more details and pictures If I find someone with the similar problem or someone willing to help.
Any advice is mostly welcome!
The problem we have here (in Poland) is that there are no repair shops specializing in e-bikes and Kalkhoff in particular.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Welcome to the forum Janusz. Unfortunately these crank units don't have internal spares available and repair is by replacement of the whole unit. That's expensive of course, roughly £500 in the UK. They do have a two year warranty, so if your current bike is under that age, take it back and claim.

The Impulse II unit has been giving a lot of trouble like yours, the problem usually being an internal nylon gear failing. They now produce a new unit called the Evo, which hopefully will have solved the problem.

Janusz

Jun 10, 2016
Poland
Welcome to the forum Janusz. Unfortunately these crank units don't have internal spares available and repair is by replacement of the whole unit. That's expensive of course, roughly £500 in the UK. They do have a two year warranty, so if your current bike is under that age, take it back and claim.

The Impulse II unit has been giving a lot of trouble like yours, the problem usually being an internal nylon gear failing. They now produce a new unit called the Evo, which hopefully will have solved the problem.
Much thanks for this. However the problem is not related to the nylon gear. The problem is with a small round spring and two small metal pieces which are being held by this sproing. I attach the pictures of these pieces and the place where they are mounted. The two pieces, as far as I understand, are used to lock the pedals while pedalling forwards and to unlock tchem while pedalling backword (free wheel). The spring is broken at one end. And because of this, I suppose, the two blocking pieces were scraped and damaged at their ends.
So my problem is if and how to get these pieces replaced.

Attachments

Reactions: shemozzle999

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks Janusz, these are the freewheel pawls and their springs that allow the chainwheel to rotate without dragging the cranks along. Since there have been a number of the Impulse II units that have failed for other reasons, perhaps there'll be somone with one of those with the parts you need still ok.

I still doubt those parts are separately available new, but you could try our UK Kalkhoff agents to see if they can help:

50cycles Electric Bikes
Unit 1 Business Park,
North Rd,
Loughborough,
Leicestershire LE11 1LE
UK

From Overseas: +44 333 900 5050

Or you can use the Aftersales contact form on this web page

Janusz

Jun 10, 2016
Poland
Thanks Janusz, these are the freewheel pawls and their springs that allow the chainwheel to rotate without dragging the cranks along. Since there have been a number of the Impulse II units that have failed for other reasons, perhaps there'll be somone with one of those with the parts you need still ok.

I still doubt those parts are separately available new, but you could try our UK Kalkhoff agents to see if they can help:

50cycles Electric Bikes
Unit 1 Business Park,
North Rd,
Loughborough,
Leicestershire LE11 1LE
UK

From Overseas: +44 333 900 5050

Or you can use the Aftersales contact form on this web page
much thanks. Will try to follow your suggestion

Osho

Pedelecer
Jan 13, 2015
Bournemouth
I suffered a similar fault which was only corrected when the software was updated. Now after a year of clicking and clacking all seems well. Hope this helps.

JULIA WILSON

Just Joined
Jun 9, 2016
Fairbourne, Gwynedd
Hello to All.
I am using e-bikes for more than 6 years already. Recently owning Kalkhoff Agattu Impulse. This bike I am riding every day commutting to work and back, altogether 16 KM. No problems untill now. Recently the bike developed a problem of clicking and crunching while pedalling and then skipping without pulling the chain. It appeared to the problem with the freewheel mechaninsm inside the motor. The present situation is that I am looking for some spareparts to remove the problem. Can give more details and pictures If I find someone with the similar problem or someone willing to help.
Any advice is mostly welcome!
The problem we have here (in Poland) is that there are no repair shops specializing in e-bikes and Kalkhoff in particular.
I live in rural Wales and have been the owner of a used Powatryke for two years. However, although I had it serviced last October it has let me down completely and I not only had to stick the pedal rotator with a hard resin, twice, but although the motor is fully charged there is no power getting to the tryke. The company was happy to take my money but has ignored my emails and videos asking for compensation. I'm now looking for another electric trike as I'm partially disabled and need the exercise of using peddles but also a little power boost. Does anyone know of any good but reasonably priced trike, please?

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you should start a new post rather than put it in here as will get more ppl seeing it :)