Hello, I'm back, with a dead bike

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Hello,

I haven't posted for few years. My Hungarian electric bike has been slowly getting old with bits falling off it. Then I became long-term ill. The first year I powered up the battery every month. The second year I kept forgetting and....yep, it died. No point getting a new battery as was getting frustrated with bike.

The reason it fell apart began with a bike repair shop that didn't realise how heavy it was and dropped it and it snowballed from there (a long time ago). So also need to be able to have the bike repaired by an expert, rather than a pillock.

Anyone know which bikes are Sit up and beg position with a motor on the crank for hills in my area. Its only really for getting to work and shops - about 8 miles round trip - when I don't want to use the car.

I don't want a battery within the frame. I want to take the battery indoors to charge.

I'm in the south East.

Thanks.
Penny

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Hi, ,thanks. That isn't quite sit up and beg, that is more sit up and hunch over at the shoulders and take the road at your wrists.

But thank you. x

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Anyone know which bikes are Sit up and beg position with a motor on the crank for hills in my area.
1. woosh Santana CD: crank motor, 15AH or 17AH battery, 9-speed, gearshift sensing, with throttle, £1,099 including delivery
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?santana-cd

2. Woosh Rambla from next month (February): Bafang MaxDrive crank motor, 14AH battery, 8-speed, torque sensor, no throttle, £1,299 including delivery

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
you can raise the stem but you might have to fit some new handlebars.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Hi Penny Farthing, welcome back to the forum after a long time away, sorry to learn that your Gepida has finally expired.

I was about to recommend the Woosh Santana CD for your needs, but I see Woosh has just got in first!

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
1. woosh Santana CD: crank motor, 15AH or 17AH battery, 9-speed, gearshift sensing, with throttle, £1,099 including delivery
http://wooshbikes.co.uk/?santana-cd

2. Woosh Rambla from next month (February): Bafang MaxDrive crank motor, 12AH battery, 8-speed, torque sensor, no throttle, £1,299 including delivery

Thanks Woosh, the Santana looks good. Is the motor in the crank? Can the battery be charged separate to the bike, indoors?

The other one looks like hidden battery and I don't want that. I want to take my battery indoors to charge.

Many thanks,
Penny

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Hi Penny Farthing, welcome back to the forum after a long time away, sorry to learn that your Gepida has finally expired.

I was about to recommend the Woosh Santana CD for your needs, but I see Woosh has just got in first!
Hi Flecc, great minds and all that!

Thanks for the welcome back.

Penny

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
Woosh, I replied above but can't seem to edit it to add this question to my two questions above. It has a rear hub motor? I want a motor by the crank for hill climbing....? Confused.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
Woosh, I replied above but can't seem to edit it to add this question to my two questions above. It has a rear hub motor? I want a motor by the crank for hill climbing....? Confused.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Thanks Woosh, the Santana looks good. Is the motor in the crank? Can the battery be charged separate to the bike, indoors?

The other one looks like hidden battery and I don't want that. I want to take my battery indoors to charge.

Many thanks,
Penny
both bikes have crank motors. Both batteries have lock and keys, can be removed to be charged indoors or on the bikes.
The Santana CD has cadence sensor and throttle, you pedal as much as you like, and/or use the throttle i you are tired. To comply with the law, you have only to pedal a little to activate the throttle.

The new Rambla is more like your old Gepida, it has a very potent Bafang MaxDrive 36V 18A, pedal assist only with torque sensor. You have to pedal to get assist.

This is the Rambla motor:

and this is the Santana CD motor (36V 17A):

PennyFarthing

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 25, 2011
both bikes have crank motors. Both batteries have lock and keys, can be removed to be charged indoors or on the bikes.
The Santana CD has cadence sensor and throttle, you pedal as much as you like, and/or use the throttle i you are tired. To comply with the law, you have only to pedal a little to activate the throttle.

The new Rambla is more like your old Gepida, it has a very potent Bafang MaxDrive 36V 18A, pedal assist only with torque sensor. You have to pedal to get assist.

This is the Rambla motor:

and this is the Santana CD motor (36V 17A):

Ah yes, is that what it is called, the pedal assist? Thanks! Yes I like to pedal and get assistance when I need it. Not keen on a throttle unless I have to have one because it ticks all the other boxes. Regarding the new Rambla, is that a make of motor or a new bike? Sorry to be confused. Thanks. Will look into all this. Really appreciate it. Where do I get a bike repaired though? It was a nightmare with previous bike.

Last edited:

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Where do I get a bike repaired though? It was a nightmare with previous bike.
we arrange for your bike to be repaired locally, either by one of our helpers or a bike shop near you.