Hello?

FastFreddy2

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
I joined the Pedelec Forum last night.

As a 'hello' I spent a reasonable amount of time writing up my biking history and why I joined here - as in needing help to source advice for e-biking.

This morning I find my long first post (meaning lot of effort put into it), has vanished/been deleted?

Is that usual?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
It may have been seen as a spam post or a bot post if as a first post it was an essay.

Any how besides that welcome to the forum.

FastFreddy2

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
It may have been seen as a spam post or a bot post if as a first post it was an essay.

Any how besides that welcome to the forum.
Thank you for the welcome.

Is there any chance the deleted post could be resurrected? I can spend another 90 minutes writing it up again, but I don't want to do that if it's going to get deleted a second time.

It was an 'essay'. While I hadn't provided specific details, my 80 year old friend bought a Kettwiesel trike last year with me lined up to fit a hub motor to the front wheel and locate a battery or batteries somewhere on the frame. My thread did not mention names or locations, but I did list the 5 attempts at getting help/equipment, and the ongoing failure at each turn.

The final message of the post was: "Help".

I'm not ignorant to the fact one or more of the people I have approached, might well have recognised themselves in my post, and complained. It could even be, one of them is a member of the Admin team.

I'm not here to make trouble, I'm becoming fairly desperate to get help, and as my original post detailed, it's nigh on impossible to get help from the resellers I've approached. With my first request for help here being deleted, I might rightly conclude e-biking is something of a closed shop, and newcomers are not that welcome. I'm sure that isn't the case, and the threads I've read as a non-member indicate a community willing to provide help and assistance. Both of which I would like to access.

What can I do, to get at it?

Regards, Fred.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I joined the Pedelec Forum last night.

As a 'hello' I spent a reasonable amount of time writing up my biking history and why I joined here - as in needing help to source advice for e-biking.

This morning I find my long first post (meaning lot of effort put into it), has vanished/been deleted?

Is that usual?
First a warm welcome Freddy, and no, what has happened isn't usual. It's unlikely the two admin members have the prior knowledge you suggest.

I've reported this thread to admin with the below message to get you some attention:

"Could you please check what has happened to Freddy's post and resurrect it if at all possible ? Regards, flecc"

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
I'm not ignorant to the fact one or more of the people I have approached, might well have recognised themselves in my post, and complained. It could even be, one of them is a member of the Admin team.

I'm not here to make trouble, I'm becoming fairly desperate to get help, and as my original post detailed, it's nigh on impossible to get help from the resellers I've approached. With my first request for help here being deleted, I might rightly conclude e-biking is something of a closed shop, and newcomers are not that welcome.
You're reading far too much into this. Your original post is here:

My name is ..... And I'm new here..... | Pedelecs - Electric Bike Community

It doesn't explain too well what kit you've been looking at or what you're trying to achieve in terms of cost/performance/issues for others here to suggest/recommend.

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi Freddy,

Sometimes the forum administration software flags up first posts. These go into an approval queue, I've now approved your post so it should now appear.

You shouldn't be affected by this again now.

thanks
Russ

FastFreddy2

Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
Hi Freddy,

Sometimes the forum administration software flags up first posts. These go into an approval queue, I've now approved your post so it should now appear.

You shouldn't be affected by this again now.

thanks
Russ
Hi Russ,

Thank you.

I will address cyclebuddy's suggestion, about equipment. I was going to save that for a second post in the technical section, but it won't hurt to add it to the 'hello' post.

Best regards to both. :cool: