Helmet mirror or handlebar mirror

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yesterday I lost my helmet mirror. ... sadly missed and needs replacing so I am wondering about a bar end mirror but I dont want to modify the grips. ... does anyone recommend a good handlebar mirror?.....

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mirrycle every time for me but it means cutting a hole in the end of the grip. I'm more than happy to make that 2-minute, minor 'modification' for the benefit of possibly the best mirror available.

The three bikes I have left following a cull all have the Mirrycle product fitted.

Tom
Thanks Tom, will check it out.

Kinninvie

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 5, 2013
Teesdale,England
D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks for reminding me. I keep forgetting to order a new mirror. I've just ordered the Zefal Cyclops because it has a double folding mechanism, so you can fold it out of the way to get it through a narrow gate/doorway. It has a convex mirror for a good viewing angle too. I had one before, but I don't know what happened to it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ZEFAL-CYCLOP-triple-adjustment-bar-end-Bike-Mirror-Urban-and-Commute-bicycle-/380991566978

While I wad looking fof it, I saw this one too thst looks interesting.

http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_535557_-1

hoppy

May 25, 2010
Yesterday I lost my helmet mirror. ... sadly missed and needs replacing so I am wondering about a bar end mirror but I dont want to modify the grips. ... does anyone recommend a good handlebar mirror?.....
All my bikes have small round Cateye bar-end mirrors which I find excellent. I'd never mount anything on a helmet. Michael Schumacher's catastrophic head injury was said to have been caused by the mounting of a camera on his helmet.

Reactions: Sylvester

jdallan

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 18, 2013
I had a helmet-mounted mirror followed by an anonymous bar end mirror fitted by my dealer. I managed to break that one and replaced it with a Mirrcycle mirror which is much better.

Jim

mountainsport

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 6, 2012
Mirrycle every time for me but it means cutting a hole in the end of the grip. I'm more than happy to make that 2-minute, minor 'modification' for the benefit of possibly the best mirror available.

The three bikes I have left following a cull all have the Mirrycle product fitted.

Tom
Tom I can not agree with you anymore Mirrycle is the best of the best!!

MS.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
The Mirrycle is good and robust and stays in place over a period of time. No constant fiddling once it’s set right. One of my better purchases.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
D

Deleted member 4366

Whichever one you get, make sure that the mirror is convex. You can see hardly anything in a flat one.

JohnCade

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 16, 2014
Whichever one you get, make sure that the mirror is convex. You can see hardly anything in a flat one.
The Mirrycle has a good field of view and it doesn’t vibrate as much as some. So you can pick out your would be killer in the distance as he races toward you and prepare to jump into a hedge if necessary

Reactions: Gubbins