Help! Bottom Bracket knobbled, Need to source a new frame ;(

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
Hi all.

My bike, that Burisch GT250 i bought in 2012 seems to have come to the end of its useful life.

The other day i started hearing grinding noise in my bottom bracket, eventually it broke mid-journey.
All this occured a few weeks after researching 'bottom braket torque sensors' for a thread i created here.. http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/torque-sensors.31513/#post-441512

I managed to fish the old spindle out of a very crude 'caged bearing' bottom bracket, thinking it would be a simple job to remove the remainder of the BB and fit a new device. I'm told by my local bike shop that they can't do anything with it.

So my question for the forum is how would i go about sourcing a suitable frame. The rest of the bike could be rebuilt with the parts i have. I just need a frame capable of taking the rear motor, whilst also being compatible with my Suntour XT forks. Any suggestions?

thanks.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
if you have stripped the thread of your bottom bracket shell, you can replace the old bottom bracket with a YST threadless one.

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
if you have stripped the thread of your bottom bracket shell, you can replace the old bottom bracket with a YST threadless one.
Thanks for the suggestion i'll pass that on. Right now the cycle shop has given up on removing the old BB and have suggested i try a car shop, to see if they can cut out the BB..

Personally, I wouldn't mind them wrecking the BB threads to remove what's stuck there, but it seems i'll have to try and source a new frame.

more work and more expense.

Last edited:

Ajax

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2008
OK the story todate. The bike shop could not help me with my wrecked bottom bracket!!

I even bought one of those reciprocating saws thinking i could cut it out. More expense and still No joy. This means I either source a new inexpensive bike frame, find a car shop to removed enough of the bottom braket to fit one of those threadless BB's, or throw money at a brand new bike. All this after recently purchasing a new hub motor ;(

[All this drama following 'coincidental' net research on bottom brackets]

In the mean time i've managed to get my old Salisbury to work, only to discover a 'night and day' difference between that old bike and this bike which is now MIT.

Can anyone help me with a prospective source for a new ebike frame?

It will ofcourse need to have 14mm rear dropouts and compatibility with my existing suntour XCR forks anything up to £99 considered.

Last edited: