Help- How do I add a throttle with my set up?

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Usually with KT controller if it has 3 wire brake connector & want to use a two wire brake sensor the v+ is not used and only v- & signal is needed .
So the Black and blue may on your controller is most likely the brake wire hence why there are only 2 pin red julet for the brakes.

Footpath

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 26, 2018
Australia
Looks like your motor has a built in speed sensor, it's the white wire on hall sensor plug, so no need for an external one. The reason you have no brake cut offs is they are not really necessary with PAS only. Good idea to fit them with a throttle. The new KT controller has the connections (red and blue wires). You will need to find a cable to go from the red julet connector on the lever to the controller. Woosh may be able to help with these.
Thank you. I feel like I’m beginning to understand this motor / wires thing better after all the advice I’ve been getting from everyone

Footpath

Sep 26, 2018
Australia
Usually with KT controller if it has 3 wire brake connector & want to use a two wire brake sensor the v+ is not used and only v- & signal is needed .
So the Black and blue may on your controller is most likely the brake wire hence why there are only 2 pin red julet for the brakes.
Oh, that does make sense. Ok, so i’ll Buy the new KT controller and a half twist throttle. Any throttle will do or do I need a certain type? Cheers

Footpath

Sep 26, 2018
Australia
Thanks everyone for your help. I’ll order the controller and throttle and display. Once they all arrive I’ll let you know how it goes. Cheers everyone