Help needed please with electric bike thumb throttle

sammy06forever

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2009
Hi my thumb throttle has snapped off what looks like a small chip inside the throttle casing, so i will need a new one i think, it's a 36v where would be the best place to get one? It looks like it is all one unit which includes the cable. I am still new to the E-Bike world so i dont know what i am talking about really, any help would be welcome.
Regards Sammy

Last edited:

sammy06forever

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2009
Thanks for your reply d8veh it looks totally different to the 1 i have, the 1 that i have does not have battery indicator on it is just a thumb throttle. Can you get then in England? or will i have to send abroad?

D

Deleted member 4366

Thanks for your reply d8veh it looks totally different to the 1 i have, the 1 that i have does not have battery indicator on it is just a thumb throttle. Can you get then in England? or will i have to send abroad?
You can find them in the UK, but a lot more expensive. The one i indicated is very strong and reliable. The small ones break much more easily - as you found out. You don't have to use the switch and LED lights: Just leave the wires disconnected, or you can use the switch for anything else. The wires from the throttle will be the same.

jerrysimon

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 27, 2009
Cambridge, UK
Like this ? Shown right with no LEDs/Buttons

I got this one two years ago from Alien (UK based) but cost £20.

I just ordered two more with my Tongxin hub motors order. They cost $4 each! but of course added P&P and import duty/VAT to pay as my order totaled $325.

You should be able to find them on line direct from china and as long as cost including P&P is below £15 you will not get charged import duty.

For a couple of bikes I have done without brake cutouts, I prefer the one Dave linked to as the button can be wired into the brake cutout circuit and be used as a kill switch.

Regards

Jerry

Last edited:

sammy06forever

Pedelecer
Feb 21, 2009
Thank to everyone i will order 1 from china i dont know how long it will take to come, it says 7 to 25 days but cant be helped.
Regards Sammy

D

Deleted member 4366

About 12 days from BMSBattery.com. Hint: buy 4 of them because the postage isn't any dearer and you can sell the other three on Ebay and make a profit. Buy a couple of controllers and pedal sensors while you're at it.

C

Cyclezee

Hi Sammy,

We have thumb throttles with a 3 pin JST connector. They are intended for eZee conversion kits and have an extra long cable which could be shortened to your required length if it were suitable.

They are £15 including delivery within the UK from Cyclezee.

2012-02-27 19.16.23.jpg