help with ebike controller tester?

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
hi all I bought one of those ebike controller testers a short while ago.
I have problem with getting the pas to work on kt 36/48 controller/lcd3 /pas kt v12l

everthing works with original 15 amp controller setup , julet connections.

according to the tester manual it seems turn on tester, just connect blue/yellow/green wires from tester to corresponding leads on female moter to controller phase wires and spin the moter wheel , somelights should be lit on tester (I got nothing at all )

I then connected 36/48 controller /lcd3 /and spun the pas sensor forward and backwards using a tapered file in a cordless drill , but only got (03 error code which is phase/hall problem)

looking at my female 9 pin lead from moter lea\d to controller I noticed a couple of the brass female connecters are slightly

squashed in , so not able to receive the lead from the moter correctly?

so now need suggestions of how to open up the female connecters?

I assume moter lead itself is ok as julet lead and controller /lcd work fine.

I am not sure if I used the right method of testing phase wires with tester? or does whole system including ebike battery have to be active.DSCF1671.JPG DSCF1671.JPG

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
:D FP won't be the first if he hasn't done so.

We have come across similar with users saying there battery or charger were broken only to realise after being told that said battery needs switching on to charge.

footpump

Esteemed Pedelecer
Mar 19, 2014
yes 9v battery in tester and unit turned on, left hand side,lower middle power led is lit.

blue/green/yellow c/clips called moter coil on tester connected to phase wires on lead, spin moter wheel forward/reverse , no leds light up.

or is it controller main wire also green /ye;llow/blue? on tester I should have connected?

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
thanks all even looking at es, does this tester check pas for faults?
It had never occured to me previously to try since it isn't a documented feature. Having just tried testing a couple of different PAS sensors using the throttle testing connection, I can confirm the tester does show a response.