Helping wife back on to bike after pregnancy

D

Deleted member 4366

Q128c is technically not a 250w motor I think it's listed as 500w, but if you took the label off nobody would know. it's exactly the same size as most 250w motors.

Any 250w motor will run pretty well at 48v (13S).

If you're going to run at 12S, get a 48v controller, because its LVC is about right for 12S lipos.

Trevormonty

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jul 18, 2016
NZ
Definitely a rear motor. A front one will spin the wheel at the power you need.

6-speed is probably a free-wheel, but you need to check. Q128cis the cassette motor. Q128H is the free-wheel one, which is more powerful.

General consensus is 250 cycles from lipos, but I think most get bricked by user errors before they get that far. E-bike batteries are 500+ cycles, except heavy LiFePO4 ones go 2000 cycles and lithium titanate goes forever.
He is going for 250W so front wheel might be OK especially if it has rigid forks. Makes for easier installation. Would also help balance weight of kid on back.

D

Deleted member 4366

He is going for 250W so front wheel might be OK especially if it has rigid forks. Makes for easier installation. Would also help balance weight of kid on back.
He wants up to 25mph. That power will spin the wheel on hills and any compromised surface. Running a front Bafang BPM at only 36v and 22 amps. I wore out the front tyre in a couple of months. The back was still like new.