Hey, it's me, FantaisyRat

FantaisyRat

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 22, 2015
Hello,

the first thing to know, i'm french ! So i write very, very, very bad english :oops:

Looking for information on the GSM kit, i found this forum so... here i am :p

I ride a foldable bike to go to my job, a B'twin Tilt 7 with no motor.
To play in the mud, i have a KMX Cobra with actually a little hub-motor.
And to walk the family, i have a Big Babboe with a big hub-motor.

And i'm from Toulouse ;)

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
Hello,

the first thing to know, i'm french ! So i write very, very, very bad english :oops:

Looking for information on the GSM kit, i found this forum so... here i am :p

I ride a foldable bike to go to my job, a B'twin Tilt 7 with no motor.
To play in the mud, i have a KMX Cobra with actually a little hub-motor.
And to walk the family, i have a Big Babboe with a big hub-motor.

And i'm from Toulouse ;)
Welcome to the forum. Hope you find the information you are looking for on the GSM kit.

BTW, your english is actually better than some members on this forum lol
How we miss Frank :p

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
And a a welcome from me too, it's good to have a member with a big cargo trike as well as other bikes. We also have a French member who lives in London, site name cwah, and he rides a folder too since he needs a small bike for various reasons. He has this long thread running at the moment.

trex

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2011

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
GSM thread here
http://www.pedelecs.co.uk/forum/threads/gsm-vs-bbs01.22126/page-3.

The kit is rated 18amps but my 14 month old 15ah battery with 20a bms wasn't able to cope with it, and is all but now useless. I tried the kit de - restricted and it was fast but now think that a 20a rated bms is too low for it,
I have a balance charger coming so I can do some diagnostic checks and see if it is possible to resurrect it, I suspect cells need balancing or some are done for. Since my last outing I have not used the bike as I need a battery with better bms protection, the same battery used on my 18a bbs01 gave me no issues so effectively means I can't use that bike at the mo either.
Have to wait until new year now and will buy and make up some lipo packs.

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
And we also have yet another signing himself frank, he is the member named "mechaniker", a German national who lives in both Germany and China.
Yep, I meant Xipi Frank, no offense to you mechaniker, your english is excellent too :oops:

Fordulike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 26, 2010
And the numbers for the EuroMillions tonight are 5, 6, 17, 33 and 42.
Lucky stars 2 and 5 :D

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Welcome Franck I am another "French" pedelec rider and am also interested by the GSM kit for my second build. Toulouse is a nice flattish city, perfect for e-bikes. And the traffic jams are some of the worst in France and excellent reason for riding one there!

FantaisyRat

Finding my (electric) wheels
Dec 22, 2015
Welcome Franck I am another "French" pedelec rider and am also interested by the GSM kit for my second build.
you can participate in my reflection on cyclurba

Toulouse is a nice flattish city, perfect for e-bikes. And the traffic jams are some of the worst in France and excellent reason for riding one there!
I don't live in the flattish area... but in a hilly area well ;)

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Ok so now I know the area you live in :D I lived in the Gers for a few years and went to Toulouse often.

anotherkiwi

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2015
The European Union
Ok I read the thread and see what you want to do. I want to have a trike one day too but it will be my car so road only. I think that the GSM at 18 A is a good option. The other high end option is the Norwegian 25 A "250" W BBS but it costs 700 €