hi all

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Have been searching and reading up on ebikes all week after a brief encounter with someone at a couple of sets of lights on one of my weekend rides made me look at how the tech side has come forward. Needed a new bike anyway but been pushing it back with 'I can get by' for ages. The change should mean I can ditch the train tickets on the work journey and arrive sweat free and hopefully save loads from that.

A few Google searches showed up posts so after about the 3rd or 4th I decided to just search the forums instead and then stumbled across questions that I didn't know I should be asking that changed my original choice of bike a bit.

Croxden

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 26, 2013
North Staffs
Welcome to the long haul and the ride into confusion. You will get there in the end.

JuicyBike

Trade Member
Jan 26, 2009
Derbyshire
There's nothing like a test ride for finding out a lot quickly, without having to listen to sales speak.
Find somewhere that you can try a bike on your own in some hills away from the sales pitch.

If you let us know where you live we can try and help point you somewhere nice...

Welcome to the forums!

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
There's nothing like a test ride for finding out a lot quickly, without having to listen to sales speak.
Find somewhere that you can try a bike on your own in some hills away from the sales pitch.

If you let us know where you live we can try and help point you somewhere nice...

Welcome to the forums!
South London and my search has got a handful of bike shops that do stuff up but not all offer decent test rides. I do remember a local shop back in 2004 or so that always had just the one electric bike at the back that I had a ride on once and it was an unusual mix of being built and steering like a tank while lighter to pedal but that I'm pretty sure had a heavy lead based car battery sort of thing in the frame so would be all different now.

I think a trip to southend is a good idea tho. I'm looking at the woosh bikes at the moment and I think if I know the risks and bad points then I can make an informed decision to put up with them.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
Noticed that ebikes direct is really near to me so going to try check out stuff with them soon.

Clockwise

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 28, 2013
There's also Cycling Made Easy at Coulsdon just outside South London who deal in e-bikes only and have quite a range to choose from.
I work that way but looking on the site they are edging away from what I can spend. Croydon being safe as it is means I need to spend lots on locks lol