Hi All

Robert Miles

Just Joined
May 28, 2018
Hi all you seasoned lecky bikists.
I just bought my first electric bike second-hand from gumtree. Its a very loud Rich bit 350 watt.
Great fun but being 116 kg i need it to give me more umph.
Any ideas any one apart from getting the kw one.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Both appear to have the same internally geared motor so it's the controller changed to give the power rating. You would notice a big increase in power and the range shouldn't suffer too much with the 1000 watt one's larger battery. That's assuming this is the model:

350 watt model

1000 watt model

Robert Miles

Just Joined
May 28, 2018
Thanks very much for that information. I will price up a battery.
I took the controller thingy apart as i was tidying up cables but haven’t a clue which diode or capacitor to wrench out to make it go faster. .
I would like to research it a bit more but can’t find any links.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Thanks very much for that information. I will price up a battery.
I took the controller thingy apart as i was tidying up cables but haven’t a clue which diode or capacitor to wrench out to make it go faster. .
I would like to research it a bit more but can’t find any links.
It's not that easy, but controllers are not expensive. I'm not up to speed on today's controllers but hopefully someone will recommend one. Meanwhile post photos of your one to help with recommending a suitable one.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
1kw model not necessarily better more often they are lack lustre because the controller and battery are not capable and often offer less efficacy then 250/350w < 20 mph.
We need a clear sharp pic of controller & all its wiring and also any handle bar display unit.