Hi All!

Scuba Steve

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 5, 2018
Hi,

Long time cyclist that has recently found enlightenment by purchasing an electric mid motor bicycle. The knees gave up a couple of years ago and the enjoyment in cycling was receding until now.

Really have been given a new lease of cycling life, and I have no doubt been bitten by the bug.

I plan to convert a couple of my retro rides to pedal assist in the near future as I have many bicycles that I can’t bare to part with.

Hope to see you around and no doubt pick your brains along the way.

Steve

Reactions: flecc

Scuba Steve

Nov 5, 2018
Thanks Ken,

It’s aleady been a big help on here so far.

Much friendlier bunch than i have encountered in some manual pushbike forums.

All the best

Reactions: flecc

lyme

Pedelecer
Jun 20, 2018
Staffordshire
Hi Steve, hi and welcome, I'm relatively new here as well and converted my first bike but now have an itch to do another one.

Tartanlass

Nov 6, 2018
Hi
I'm new to the site and I've joined in because I need the advice from all you ebike experts.
Here's my problem.....I have worsening arthritis....don't we all lol but now i have a displaced vertebrae lower lumber spine which has caused my legs on occasion to give way so obviously I collapse.....however this won't happen if I'm in a sitting position .....so what I really need to do is gentle erercise as my walking days are over and therefore I'm thinking the best way to do exercise is by ebike

I've been on the net reading for the past few weeks on the best folding ebike and because there is so much info I'm getting bambozzled.

What I want is a folding ebike that has a throttle....handy when the old legs get tired or give way lol so cruise mode is a must as that would be heaven when the hips tire.

I want an ebike because I miss my days out walking in the Scottish countryside and want to get back in amongst the hills. I want to get into the forest walks but the hilly inclines are out my creaky joint reach now

As said I've been looking for past few weeks and think the VOLT METRO with larger battery .... ( just in case I need throttle more than is needed for the active person ) would suit me.

Can you guys tells me if this would be suitable for me.

I would so love to hear your feedback
xx

Dom T

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 17, 2017
Shropshire
No nowt about the Volt, but just wanted to say hi to yourself Tartanlass and Scuba Steve. Is there any chance of getting a demo ride on one of them somewhere so you can feel the weight, see how well it folds, etc....

Tartanlass

Nov 6, 2018
There is a bike shop in East Kilbride which is only a few miles from where I live in Hamilton which stocks the volt metro so I'll take your advice and ask for a trial on one plus I'll take a look at a few others. I'll let you know if I find any thing suitable.