Hi all

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
They were both high end mid-drive bikes
Were they ?
Not sure how you can tell from mostly melted bikes what they were.

Straws being clutched at by the sound of things.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Were they ?
Not sure how you can tell from mostly melted bikes what they were.

Straws being clutched at by the sound of things.
It's because I've been dealing with electric bikes for 14 years, I'm a trained and certified Bosch technician and was an ebike mechanic in a shop for 2 1/2 years, so I learned to recognise the difference between an expensive crank-drive bike and a hub-motor.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I'm a trained and certified Bosch technician
Ah yes. The Bosch ebike technicians course.

Did you take the full 110 minutes worth, or include the extra 45 minuter as well ?

Hardly Cytech is it lol

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
I'm a trained and certified Bosch technician
Ah yes. The Bosch ebike technicians course. It was bikes wasnt it ?, I hope you aren't referring to Bosch washing machines and dishwashers.

Did you take the full 110 minutes worth, or include the extra 45 minuter as well ?

Hardly Cytech is it lol

The one thing I am against is cheap not fit for purpose. Thats what Im all about and i would never ever recommend someone new to cycling just to buy any old thing. Especially not the cheapest imported tat off ebay,alibaba or wherever just because it is a hub motor.

Last edited:

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Ah yes. The Bosch ebike technicians course.

Hardly Cytech is it lol

My experience is 30 years of building bikes, servicing them, servicing and rebuilding forks and hydraulic brakes, from the early 90's through to modern suspension units both in my own extensive bike history and for several bike recycling charities where i volunteered as a bike mechanic.

The one thing I am against is cheap not fit for purpose. Thats what Im all about and i would never ever recommend someone new to cycling just to buy any old thing. Especially not the cheapest imported tat off ebay,alibaba or wherever just because it is a hub motor.
Your bias is breathtaking.
How come you thought it was a hub-motor then?

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
There's plenty in the photo to show what they are. You only need to know what you're looking at.
Well in my defence I am currently diseased with Bells Palsy(day 3) so vision is not good and im down to one eye.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Well in my defence I am currently diseased with Bells Palsy(day 3) so vision is not good and im down to one eye.
I'm very sorry to hear that. You have my best wishes for a fast and permanent recovery. It must be very upsetting? Can I ask how you got it? Did you have more than one of those medical procedures on your arm that are know to cause it? You don't need to reply if it upsets you. I ask because a friend of mine got it a week after the procedure, and even though it's a known side effect, the doctors blanked her and made out it was a mystery.

AndyBike

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 8, 2020
Did you have more than one of those medical procedures on your arm that are know to cause it? You don't need to reply if it upsets you. I ask because a friend of mine got it a week after the procedure, and even though it's a known side effect, the doctors blanked her and made out it was a mystery.
I take it you mean the covid vaccine. Yes had all of those, and was supposed to have another a couple of months ago along with the flu vaccine, but didnt bother taking them up. Basically I felt the covid strain had waned a good bit from its dangerous original strain to something more akin to another type of flu. That said, and this is also known as a precursor for Bells, had a respiratory virus about a month ago. Not as debilitating as flu, but bad enough that i was out of breath even trying to walk from the sitting room to the toilet and was put on a course of antibiotics which cleared it in a matter of days.

Not being a doctor or virologist, I hold off thinking I can tell myself I know or even understand how these things work and usually go with what Im told by my GP. I feel that they are in a better position to dictate to me my heath needs than some conspiracy nutter on facebook, who doesnt care a jot about my personal health one way or the other.
My GP tells me I have bells palsy, and have all the symptoms, so running off to a non descript individual on social media for a 2nd opinion is akin to crass stupidity.

As to currently, we'll im sure get there over the next month or so or not. It is what it is.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I take it you mean the covid vaccine. Yes had all of those, and was supposed to have another a couple of months ago along with the flu vaccine, but didnt bother taking them up. Basically I felt the covid strain had waned a good bit from its dangerous original strain to something more akin to another type of flu. That said, and this is also known as a precursor for Bells, had a respiratory virus about a month ago. Not as debilitating as flu, but bad enough that i was out of breath even trying to walk from the sitting room to the toilet and was put on a course of antibiotics which cleared it in a matter of days.

Not being a doctor or virologist, I hold off thinking I can tell myself I know or even understand how these things work and usually go with what Im told by my GP. I feel that they are in a better position to dictate to me my heath needs than some conspiracy nutter on facebook, who doesnt care a jot about my personal health one way or the other.
My GP tells me I have bells palsy, and have all the symptoms, so running off to a non descript individual on social media for a 2nd opinion is akin to crass stupidity.

As to currently, we'll im sure get there over the next month or so or not. It is what it is.
Some of the nutters on social media are the most qualified and published doctors on the subject. Unfortunately, the medical industry has been taken over by those, who have the money to influence them, so it's difficult to get the truth from anyone.

Personally, I've had a lot of bad experience with the medical industry, which is mainly stupidity and incompetence, so I try to avoid interaction at all costs, but sometimes you need their help. As an example, last week I got an SMS from my GP telling me that I need to take cholestrol lowering tablets for the rest of my life, even though, the last test was 4 years ago and I was right in the middle of the normal range. Why's that? No consultation, no test, no nothing. They just invented it out of thin air.They tried it once before, even maybe falsifying a test result or misleading me about the results, but I refused and I'm still alive. The surgery gets a backhander from the drugs company and the drugs company makes profit whenever they prescribe something. Do you think that might have something to do with it?

Anyway, I don't want to worry you. I just say keep an open mind. Lets just hope that you get sorted quickly. Please let us know of any progress.

Peter.Bridge

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 19, 2023
As an example, last week I got an SMS from my GP telling me that I need to take cholestrol lowering tablets for the rest of my life, even though, the last test was 4 years ago and I was right in the middle of the normal range. Why's that? No consultation, no test, no nothing. They just invented it out of thin air.
The advice from NICE has recently changed

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Doctors are told to treat the symptoms rather than the cause. They check the ratio of HDL and LDL. If the ratio moves in the wrong direction, they will pressure you to take statin. I think it is better to take statin than not, as the consequence of gradually increasing risks of stroke and circulatory diseases goes up with age. I have type2 diabetes, I take statin since being diagnosed some 15 years ago.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Doctors are told to treat the symptoms rather than the cause. They check the ratio of HDL and LDL. If the ratio moves in the wrong direction, they will pressure you to take statin. I think it is better to take statin than not, as the consequence of gradually increasing risks of stroke and circulatory diseases goes up with age. I have type2 diabetes, I take statin since being diagnosed some 15 years ago.
I'm my case they want to prescribe statins without doing any tests and without any reason. I don't understand it. I have real problems affecting the quality of my life that they're not interested in, but they're crawling over themselves to give me treatment for something I don't have.

Az.

Esteemed Pedelecer
Apr 27, 2022
Plymouth
I'm my case they want to prescribe statins without doing any tests and without any reason. I don't understand it.
Perhaps it would be good to ask your GP for explanation. I would love to hear what they have to say.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
I have real problems affecting the quality of my life that they're not interested in, but they're crawling over themselves to give me treatment for something I don't have.
My doctors do the same. Every time I come to the surgery, I am allowed only to talk about the immediate problem and nothing else. They bombard my phone with enrollments into their new programs of all sorts.
Honestly, I think it's time to re-think the role of the NHS and the way it is run.

• Agree
Reactions: flecc