hi folks new member down mayday mayday lcd info needed

davidenglanduk

Finding my (electric) wheels
Oct 18, 2020
Leeds uk
my brother built a bike using a voilamart 250w 36v kit a while back and the controller packed in. so he got what looks like a brain power contoller with a 4button lcd controller. now its wired up and if i lift the wheel and press the on button the wheel spins for a couple of seconds then stops. so i presume we are nearly there with the wiring etc...the main problem we have is there are no setting instructions with the lcd unit..or parimitor settings . as ive never set one of these before all info would be greatly appreciated

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
It sounds like it's doing the self-learning procedure. There are two single wires joined to each other. If you have the explanation picture, it will say "self learning" or "intelligent..." something or other. You have to disconnect them when switched off and leave them disconnected.

davidenglanduk

Oct 18, 2020
Leeds uk
It sounds like it's doing the self-learning procedure. There are two single wires joined to each other. If you have the explanation picture, it will say "self learning" or "intelligent..." something or other. You have to disconnect them when switched off and leave them disconnected.
Thanks i will give it a go tomorrow. Much appreciated

davidenglanduk

Oct 18, 2020
Leeds uk
The problem is the lcd display is making no sense to me as tbere are no instructions so it might as well be in chinese. It does show p modes and speed settings bit thats it

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Lets try again, YES or No. You open the throttle a little bit and hold it there for a very long time. After the motor cuts, will it eventually cut back in after some time without doing anything? Yes if so, no if it stays cut.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
No it stays dead even after a while still nothing
OK, do the self learning procedure again.
1. With the bike switched off and the battery disconnected, connect the self-learning wires.
2. Connect the battery and switch on while you hold the wheel in the air. Don't touch the throttle. Wait for a while to see if the wheel starts turning by itself in the right direction. If nothing happens, open the throttle a little bit to kick-start it. If the motor turns backwards (whirrs, but no wheel movement), wait to see if it decides to change direction, otherwise go back to step 1 and do it again.
3. When the wheel is rotating slowly forward by itself, switch off.
4. Disconnect the self-learning wires and leave them disconnected.
5. Switch on and test whether it works properly.

davidenglanduk

Oct 18, 2020
Leeds uk
OK, do the self learning procedure again.
1. With the bike switched off and the battery disconnected, connect the self-learning wires.
2. Connect the battery and switch on while you hold the wheel in the air. Don't touch the throttle. Wait for a while to see if the wheel starts turning by itself in the right direction. If nothing happens, open the throttle a little bit to kick-start it. If the motor turns backwards (whirrs, but no wheel movement), wait to see if it decides to change direction, otherwise go back to step 1 and do it again.
3. When the wheel is rotating slowly forward by itself, switch off.
4. Disconnect the self-learning wires and leave them disconnected.
5. Switch on and test whether it works properly
Thank you i will be picking the bike up from my brothers tomorrow and will try everything again thank you and fingers crossed.