Hi from Mid Wales.

KevinD53

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2021
Ahh within 5 minutes of my last posting I received a fairly none committal reply from Leon.
Coincidence?

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
i hope you get it sorted soon. I can understand your frustration. I can't understand businesses that treat customers like that.

KevinD53

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2021
So now, Leon are saying they have a battery in their UK warehouse for me. But I cannot have it until the end of next week due to UK regulations on sending batteries. They must wait for the correct packaging to arrive. before it is sent out. They have had three bloody weeks to organise a box wit a sodding label.
Jesus I’m pissed.

KevinD53

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2021
The latest pisspor excuse is the courier is undergoing “Professional Training”. Now the battery cannot be shipped untill they have finished and inspected themselves.
Skid marks I suppose.

Richard Newton

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 24, 2021
Morning Kevin Just joined and had a read of some new threaders. I noticed you are from Rhayader so am I. I also cycle a lot to Builth Wells amongst other places in fact my favourite trip is from home through to Cross Gates then onto to the Forrest Inn. turn right for Hundred House and onto Builth Wells then back home via the main road to Rhayader. Have done this regularly for some time having the occasional stop for a breather and a cup of coffee on the way.
Not quite sure what machinery you are after but my Entour was just on £2,000:00 brand new, is a lovely machine and well capable. Try Rhayader cycles and talk to Neal he may well be able to help you although I believe getting hold of any e-bike or bits at present is a bit fraught. If you want the trip go to David Mellor cycles in Shrewsbury he has a lot of e-bikes in stock and is particularly helpful. Just bought a Kalkhoff from him and it was a stock item.
Good luck in your quests.

KevinD53

Pedelecer
Apr 7, 2021
I
Morning Kevin Just joined and had a read of some new threaders. I noticed you are from Rhayader so am I. I also cycle a lot to Builth Wells amongst other places in fact my favourite trip is from home through to Cross Gates then onto to the Forrest Inn. turn right for Hundred House and onto Builth Wells then back home via the main road to Rhayader. Have done this regularly for some time having the occasional stop for a breather and a cup of coffee on the way.
Not quite sure what machinery you are after but my Entour was just on £2,000:00 brand new, is a lovely machine and well capable. Try Rhayader cycles and talk to Neal he may well be able to help you although I believe getting hold of any e-bike or bits at present is a bit fraught. If you want the trip go to David Mellor cycles in Shrewsbury he has a lot of e-bikes in stock and is particularly helpful. Just bought a Kalkhoff from him and it was a stock item.
Good luck in your quests.
sadly Richard I have bought myself a NCM Moscow About 7 weeks ago. Actually the Moscow appears to be a sound, well put together bike for the money. However mine turned up with a dead battery and I’ve been waiting for Leon Bikes, to get another battery to me since. Leon have been abysmal with their after sales service. They have made and broken promises right left and centre. Then they stood answering emails. A guy on here, montyPAS gave me a link to their Facebook page. I posted the timeline of my order on there and they were talking to me again. I’m currently waiting on a promise that my new battery will be here this week. I’ll let you into a secret! I’m not holding my breath
Watch this space.

Richard Newton

Finding my (electric) wheels
May 24, 2021
I

sadly Richard I have bought myself a NCM Moscow About 7 weeks ago. Actually the Moscow appears to be a sound, well put together bike for the money. However mine turned up with a dead battery and I’ve been waiting for Leon Bikes, to get another battery to me since. Leon have been abysmal with their after sales service. They have made and broken promises right left and centre. Then they stood answering emails. A guy on here, montyPAS gave me a link to their Facebook page. I posted the timeline of my order on there and they were talking to me again. I’m currently waiting on a promise that my new battery will be here this week. I’ll let you into a secret! I’m not holding my breath
Watch this space.
Sorry to hear that Kevin. May I suggest that should you get no joy from Leon Bikes you go down the route of "NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE" and ask for your money back. This may sound a bit drastic but the bike clearly is, NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE, which is something Leon Bikes should have checked BEFORE dispatching the bike to you. The bike may be rideable but not in the manner in which it was intended. Unfortunately I can only offer advice but a quick word with a solicitor (which should cost nothing in the first instance, because you are only seeking advice ) may help you get the ball rolling.
Just a thought Kevin the battery is not in hibernation mode is it? My Entour when received did have the battery in that state and a quick check through the hand book told me how to free it for use. No further problems it then worked fine.
Hope you are soon on the road.
RichardN