Hi from Sandy

Brenda

Just Joined
Jun 21, 2013
Hi. I am on my second electric bike now. My first was a trike - handy for transporting stuff in the huge basket on the back, but not so handy for parking. I now have a Windsor Powacycle. Having just moved from the very flat edge of the fens to Sandy, I am thinking about exchanging it for something with a little more umph on hills to help me negotiate one that I ascend rather slowly. As there are blind bends on the hill, I feel a bit more speed would reduce the chances of the speedier drivers suddenly coming up behind me and only seeing me at the last minute. Any comments or suggestions would be very welcome.

funkylyn

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 22, 2011
South Shields, Tyne & Wear
Hi Brenda and welcome :)

My first ebike years ago was a trike too.....and followed by a Windsor Powacycle !

Yes, its true you need more oomph for the hills as I also found out , much as I loved my Windsor, and its one of the lightest step thru e-bikes, so I miss that definitely.

I found the Tonaro Esprit was great for me and I still love it 2 years later, its never let me down on a hill yet.
There are however other choices, as ever, my advice is to try as many as you can, including the Tonaros, and you seem to be not far from Cyclezee at Milton Keynes so why not try an Ezee they are also renowned hill climbers.
Im sure you will know when you find the right bike for you.....have fun anyway :D

Lynda :)

C

Cyclezee

Hi Brenda,

Welcome to the forum.

As suggested by the two other posters in this thread, you would be very welcome to test ride our eZee and Tonaro bikes in Milton Keynes.

I feel sure that we have a bike that would fulfil your requirements.

Regards,