Hi new user

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
I'd assume it's a pedal sensor.

It gives a pulsed signal to the controller to let it know you are rotating the pedals, and the power is then fed to the motor.

On most kits where you also have a throttle it is optional.

Personally speaking, I usually don't bother with it.

paul mclaren

Finding my (electric) wheels
Aug 4, 2015
Thanks for the info i am going to put it on and see if anything has changed.
How do i speed hack mine is there a way for my model?
An easy way to do it?

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
Show us a picture if the controller and its connecting wires.

Often, there's a pair if wires (single core). When linked the limit is applied, disconnected its removed. Often grey or white.

If you want more power you will need to solder the shunt.

Reactions: paul mclaren

paul mclaren

Aug 4, 2015
Hi thanks again for the reply's.
Just before i get the pic up of the controller today i am having a problem where i press the thumb throttle for the bike to move.
But on the led screen the temp is flashing on/off and the bike will not start moving?
Any tips please?

Kuorider

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 18, 2014
Try moving off by pedalling normally before using the throttle. If static testing ,give the wheel a spin forwards first. Did you connect the pedal sensor? Your controller may need the signal from the rotating magnets to function correctly. Check that all connectors are pushed fully in especially the motor one. The seller has a good phone help line if you can't de -bug this.

Last edited:

paul mclaren

Aug 4, 2015
Hi.
I hope someone can still help me out here?
I have uploaded pictures of the wiring diagrams.
I need some info on how or where the error i get is coming from?
The battery when fully charged indicates there is no power as there is no bars on there?
Also when i use full throttle the wheels spin as they should but after a few seconds if stops with the battery power bar flashing and indicating no power?
When i press the throttle in a quater, it stays on the power but full throttle nothing?

D

Deleted member 4366

The battery is knackered. Has it been going for 2 years? How many miles have you done?