Highest energy density and highest power cells available

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
"A 36V 4.6Ah pack would work out to about 230USD plus shipping etc. Total weight less than 2kg"

Hmmm...would it be possible to bi wire a wisper with one of these? a bit like they do with the ezee? would it mean more power for hill climbing?:p
If you want more power for hill climbing get an ezee bike,or a bigger amp rated controller may help,i think the wisper has a 15amp controller but i may be wrong,sadly the wisper does not have the space to fit a bigger higher amp controller,unless you mount one on another part of the bike,the ezee has a 20 amp controller which is much better for hill climbing,i replaced my ezee controller with a 15amp one when it died afterwards acceleration and hill climbing fell through the floor,even when trying the new controller at 48 volts although it was faster on the flat it felt like it was hitting a wall on big hills compared to the original controller, my ezee now has a 30 amp controller and it is better than ever up hills only trouble is extra power up hills equalls less range.

Last edited:

Wisper Bikes

Trade Member
Apr 11, 2007
Sevenoaks Kent
Bigger controller

Hi Paul, the latest Wispers are being made with a 20A controller to enable us to fit the new Dapush 350W for Canadian and US markets. Due to production considerations we are now fitting the larger controller on all bikes.

Best regards

David

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
A 20A controller on a 36V 250W ebike :eek: Is that legal? ;)
Numerically even a 10A one is illegal. :)

Of course it's where the limiting is set that counts, a higher Amperage controller just adding to the reliability, the higher the better from everyone's point of view.

emissions-free

Pedelecer
Oct 24, 2009
Shanghai
No worries I'm only having a laugh :)

Nothing wrong with some extra strong watts and you've always got to consider the tolerances in such things and different rolling radius of tyres etc ect just to ensure that everyone gets their fair share ;)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
I guessed emissions-free, but I posted for the benefit of those who might not and be concerned about illegality. :)

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Hi Paul, the latest Wispers are being made with a 20A controller to enable us to fit the new Dapush 350W for Canadian and US markets. Due to production considerations we are now fitting the larger controller on all bikes.

Best regards

David
Thats good news to me because i like a bit of extra help when it matters up those nasty hills,out of interest for other owners will the 20a controller fit in the older bikes.

Andrew harvey

Pedelecer
Jun 13, 2008
Wyre Forest
www.smiths-cycles.com
It's not the case normally that a 15 amp controller has a fixed limit of 15A any more than a 250w motor is liomited to 250w.
I use a E-crazyman controller I asked for a 15A current limit to be programmed in.
I have some Ananda controllers the same size as the typical small 15A nominal controllers that will allow 40+ A peaks before they start to limit current down to sensible levels of around 20 to 30A

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
It's not the case normally that a 15 amp controller has a fixed limit of 15A any more than a 250w motor is liomited to 250w.
I use a E-crazyman controller I asked for a 15A current limit to be programmed in.
I have some Ananda controllers the same size as the typical small 15A nominal controllers that will allow 40+ A peaks before they start to limit current down to sensible levels of around 20 to 30A
My own experience of controllers seems different,my torq 20amp controller died and i replaced it with an ecrazyman 350w controller,the performance up hills was very poor compared to the original, i later read somewhere the ecrazyman controller is limited to 15amps, so i bought an infineon 30 amp controller and hill climbing performance is now better than any other bike i have tried.