Higly Recommend Bournemouth Cycleworks for excellent repair work on my Kalkhoff Pro Connect x27

PaulN

Finding my (electric) wheels
Feb 25, 2019
Bournemouth Cycleworks have just repaired my Kalkhoff Pro Connect x27 e.bike (New drive motor and head) despite all other Kalkhoff agents telling me that this was no longer possible. I cannot thank them enough for their efforts. It was certainly a great deal cheaper than buying a new bike and it runs like new. All I now need to know is how long the guarantee period will be on the motor and head and am waiting for a response from Kalkhoff Germany on this.

PaulN

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Bournemouth Cycleworks have just repaired my Kalkhoff Pro Connect x27 e.bike (New drive motor and head) despite all other Kalkhoff agents telling me that this was no longer possible. I cannot thank them enough for their efforts. It was certainly a great deal cheaper than buying a new bike and it runs like new. All I now need to know is how long the guarantee period will be on the motor and head and am waiting for a response from Kalkhoff Germany on this.

PaulN
Congratulations on this result Paul. According to 50cycles who were the agents for Kalkhoff until recently, each replacement Impulse or Evo motor gets a fresh two year warranty from Kalkhoff. This was introduced to deal with the unreliability that had resulted in some having more than one motor fail.

PaulN

Feb 25, 2019
Thank you for that information. I was hoping that would be the case as the original motor and head had a two year warranty. I will let you know when I have had it confirmed by Kalkhoff.

Reactions: flecc

PaulN

Feb 25, 2019
Total £445 including new new motor and head plus chain and Shimano gear cable. The bicycle also had to go back to Germany to Xion for the repar.

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Total £445 including new new motor and head plus chain and Shimano gear cable. The bicycle also had to go back to Germany to Xion for the repar.
I hadn't remembered that you had the Xion motor Paul. The warranty information I gave was for the Impulse and Evo motors that most Kalkhoffs had, and they are from a different maker.

I don't know the warranty policy of the makers of the Xion. Hopefully it will be as good.

Jonah

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 23, 2010
EX38
Not the Impulse motor then. I quite liked the Xion motor but it mysteriously wasn’t available for very long through 50Cycles.