Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon

Alan Quay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Dec 4, 2012
Devon
That disk an unusual size. All the ones I've ever had are around 44 mm across, which is what I guess you need. Tektro, Avid.....
Also, I note that it has a thread in the the middle, which is also unusual (in the UK. Do you need a threaded one?

Andy-Mat

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 26, 2018
I am not able to fit this disc brake to the Ebike kit. Anyone know which disk brake may fit?

This one didnt
Can you describe the problems you are having and post some sizes of your bike's axle, where the disk should mount please?
Does it not screw onto the wheel axle for example?
And make us some clear photos of the various parts and include a cm ruler in the phots for size gauging.
Look here:-
Did you measure your original disks before ordering?
There are several different diameters available, and without possibly a special adapter, most will not fit!
Andy

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Centre lock discs can't be fitted to hub motors you need a standard flat rotor with no boss on it, centre locks are for splined Shimano wheel hubs and use a freehub cassette tool to fit the lock ring just as it does on freehub .
That centre lock disc is misleading as in the link it also shows the standard six hole rotor fixing which centre lock doesn't use, look at the 3rd pic on the LHS side bar you can see the internal thread on the centre boss for the lock ring to screw in to.

Alfine/Nexus hub gears use a centre lock disc as they have no rotor holes.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
The disc isn't unusual as it is a common Shimano fixture , the OP has simply bought the wrong item and needs a standard disc rotor.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
What is 'normal'size?
Of these two similar discs, one is 43mm and the other about 47 mm.
bigger is always better as will get rid of the heat faster and make the pads last longer and stops the rotors warping because of heat build up esp on cheap one piece ones.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
bigger is always better as will get rid of the heat faster and make the pads last longer and stops the rotors warping because of heat build up esp on cheap one piece ones.
I am quoting the hole space, the outer diameter of the discs is the same.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
the space of the bolts is the same but center lock fits on like a cassette with a lock ring to hold it on.

the adaptor kit will let you fit a normal rotor to a center lock hub.

mike killay

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 17, 2011
the space of the bolts is the same but center lock fits on like a cassette with a lock ring to hold it on.

the adaptor kit will let you fit a normal rotor to a center lock hub.
The space of the bolts is not the same. Nothing to do with centre locks.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

there are no bolt holes on a center lock system op is a bit vague tbh lol

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Opening the Amazon link to the centre lock disc it clearly is one looking at the description and the pics on the LHS side, however it is the first time I have seen one with six disc hole fixings, that said it is a one pieces CL disc and not a two piece floating disc model which I use.
Centre lock hole diameter is smaller then a 47mm rotor and as SW and I have said a lock ring is used just like freehub cassette uses, a freehub cassette tool fits perfectly.