Hotsnapz battery warmers?

moon

Pedelecer
May 24, 2008
Does anyone think these could be used for warming batteries?
HotSnapZ Reusable Hand Warmers

I was thinking of some kind of jacket with pockets that you could place over the battery and then pop the shotsnapz in the pockets before a journey,

What do you think? (Grand master Flecc??)

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Interesting idea, but it would be difficult to sufficiently enclose the battery on most e-bikes. There would likely be hot spots where the pads contacted with large areas still exposed to the cold, and the temperature differential of severe cold would rapidly drain the heat from the pads anyway.

Best would be a way of getting the heat from the pads in an insulated box to flow through the battery case, a duct and a tiny low voltage fan like the 1" ones seen in some computer components.

moon

Pedelecer
May 24, 2008
I was thinking of a jacket made out of the thermal picnic bag type material, you could then pop the snapz inside so the heat is kept in.

I think I will try to make one and see :)

Rod Tibbs

Pedelecer
Jun 10, 2008
Things like the hotsnapz are readily available over here. I have one that warms up a bottle of wine and is very reliable and easy to use. People like Lakeland handle them but they should be easy to find on the web. Good luck with your idea. Do let us now how it works out.

Rod