House insurance and ebikes

sneggysteve

Pedelecer
Oct 29, 2020
My house insurance wanted extra £114 for £1000 cover on a converted Giant. Went to Barclays (as previously mentioned on this forum) and got full cover worlwide with £50 excess for £16.50

lemian

Banned
Nov 21, 2020
Detroit
Joining Cycling UK for 2021 gave us the best coverage suitable to our needs and took the nightmare away.
By nightmare I mean a minefield.
Lol! By minefield, you are referring to the thieves or cars about to hit you?The whole frenzy with insurances and what they cover has been going over my mind for a long time. The main reason is the fact that I'm about to buy a new house in Leeds, and I'm looking for a great insurance as well, and yes I would love my bike to be covered as well. Fortunately I have managed to find the best mortgage broker Leeds And with your help I'm going to get a great two-story house in an amazing spot.

Last edited:

The Bear

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2017
South Yorks
Joining Cycling UK for 2021 gave us the best coverage suitable to our needs and took the nightmare away.
By nightmare I mean a minefield.
Looks like their cover is just 3rd party so you won't be covered if you were injured in an accident that was your fault, such as pulling out in front of a car and getting hit etc.

Jarndice

Finding my (electric) wheels
Nov 24, 2020
Did the same with mine, through Saga, cost was about £13/ year for all risks cover, for an Oxygen S Cross MTB MKIII, valued at about £1600. Bargain
I bought my Fiido4,(£550) assembled it then phoned SAGA and 10 minutes later my e-bike was insured.
Isn't spending money easy these days.