Help! (HOW) 250W voilamart kit with LCD3?

crazymaster

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2018
London
helo.
i bought 250w voilamart front hub, but i want to use it witth lcd3

i have already conmected it and it works nice(up to 1000w power with my controller)

BUT speed setting is not correct... even more if i dont press the theottle it doesnt show speed - i need at lekast to press it a little bit(maybe just as much as to get little voltage probably?)
maybe i need to play with P1 setting but i dont know how mmany magnets is the motor and how to mke the setting?

if somebody know plleasse help me :)

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
You have to tell the controller what to use as a speed signal. If you set P2 to zero, it should pick up the speed signal from the motor hall sensors as long as you have a sensored motor. If you have a sensorless motor, you must use a separate wheel speed sensor and set P2 to 1.

crazymaster

Pedelecer
Mar 2, 2018
London
When its at P2=1 It is not working.
When its at P2=0 it show speed setting but in depends of how i set P1 the reading is changing... Anyway any ideas why its showing zero if i am not pressing the throttle(at least 1%) Maybe no electricity goes to the hall sensors?
Also the regen braking is not working with this motor, but with my other one 1500w it was working

danielrlee

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 27, 2012
Westbury, Wiltshire
torquetech.co.uk
The behaviour you describe is exactly how it should work. The insides of a geared motor do not spin without power applied, so the hall sensors will not generate a signal. If you want a speed readout that works at all times, you need to fit a separate wheel speed sensor and then configure as described above. Lastly, an incorrect speed readout is due to not having the motor pole/magnet count set correctly as you mention.

Last edited:

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Supply an actual link to the kit so we can see it.
P1 is dependant on motor gear ratio and internal magnets to get a setting close for ODO reading, then it can be tinkered with to get the reading to match a gps reading.

Last edited: