How difficult can it be?

EdBike

Pedelecer
Sep 10, 2010
Its law in the States to disclose any endorsement or affiliations online - I think part of the problem is the lack of moderation on here to really sift through and weed out sellers.

Business owners - you're better off coming clean and building a long term relationship with a trusting, savvy forum than trying to pinch just a few sales in the short run ;)

rsscott

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 17, 2006
Hi Everybody

I have asked twice to advertise on the banner adds on the right

No reply

Frank
Hi Frank,

You did ask for costs and I replied via normal email. If you didn't receive let me know and we'll resend to you.

arkwright

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2010
Is it just me, or does anyone else think there's a whiff of wotwozere about his posting habits?

flecc

Oct 25, 2006
Is it just me, or does anyone else think there's a whiff of wotwozere about his posting habits?
You're the third including me to guess at this origin.

I think there's been at least three posting identities. ;)

arkwright

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jan 9, 2010
You're the third including me to guess at this origin.

I think there's been at least three posting identities. ;)
Maybe more, looking back at his posts. Still, IF it his him and he doesn't cause any harm, then live and let....

Last edited:

Scottyf

Esteemed Pedelecer
Feb 2, 2011
I love that there are alot of retailer's of the uk market here and posting freely on this forum at the infancy of the technology.

Yes everything should be declared. But to be honest if you don't do your own research and build your own knowledge then your an idiot as far as i'm concerned.

Anyone stupid enough to just fling money into an investment they have not clearly had a vested interest in can suffer.

Welcome to the real world and stop being a half wit.

Straylight

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 31, 2009
I see what you're saying, but I have to disagree on the part about impartiality or not endorsing one specific make.. often if I ask for a recommendation I'd much prefer someone give me one product if they have personally used it and can recommend it as either reliable/cheapest/best etc, rather than giving me a list of makes.. often I'm already aware of what makes there are, but I want some personal recommendations based on users experiences.. I guess some people might prefer a list and to do their own research though, even if it does take up loads of time.
I think personal recommendations are generally quite different in tone, and will be qualified as to how they fit the needs of the person with the query. What I was talking about was the sometimes crass plugging of a product.

I totally agree that there's no harm in being made aware of specific options, in fact this is part of the reason that I'm a regular visitor here, even though I've no intention of trading in my current bike.