How do I fix my E-bike

Docross

Finding my (electric) wheels
Jun 23, 2023
I have tried everything and it still doesn’t work all it keeps saying is E-10 I can’t use nothing throttle , pedal assistance nothing and I’m getting really frustrated because I just bought this bike and I only had it for no longer than a month and the company won’t take it back

Docross

Jun 23, 2023
My E-bike ’ keeps saying E-10 how do I fix nothing works on the bike I can’t pedal assistance I can’t even use a throttle somebody please help me or use my bike for work and I’m getting very frustrated

Docross

Jun 23, 2023
My E-bike ’ keeps saying E-10 how do I fix nothing works on the bike I can’t pedal assistance I can’t even use a throttle somebody please help me or use my bike for work and I’m getting very frustrated

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Hammer and screwdriver works sometimes.

You haven't given us much to go on. Until you tell us what you have and how/why it started, that's the best I can do.

Docross

Jun 23, 2023
Hammer and screwdriver works sometimes.

You haven't given us much to go on. Until you tell us what you have and how/why it started, that's the best I can do.
I have an Karcle M7 1000w I was changing a flat tire an when I put the tire back on and started the bike is started for a couple seconds and then stopped I checked everything and it keeps saying E-10 nothing starts on the bike the lights work the LCD screen works but no throttle and no pedal assistance

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
I have an Karcle M7 1000w I was changing a flat tire an when I put the tire back on and started the bike is started for a couple seconds and then stopped I checked everything and it keeps saying E-10 nothing starts on the bike the lights work the LCD screen works but no throttle and no pedal assistance
Probably your motor connector isn't in far enough. there's a line that shows how far it has to go.

If that's not it, check that you didn't damage the motor cable where it comes out of the motor.

Docross

Jun 23, 2023
Probably your motor connector isn't in far enough. there's a line that shows how far it has to go.

If that's not it, check that you didn't damage the motor cable where it comes out of the motor.
So you’re saying, do I go inside of the bike to make sure the motor connector is connected or are you talking about the motor connector on the side by the pedal? Because it has a wire on the side that I can’t unplug and plug back in so I don’t know if you’re talking about that part being a motor connector or is there a motor connector inside the frame?

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
...it has a wire on the side that I can’t unplug and plug back in so I don’t know if you’re talking about that part being a motor connector...
Yes, that's what @saneagle is referring to. It's there so you can unplug the cable to the motor wheel if you need to remove/fix/replace the rear wheel/tyre. If it's not pushed fully home to the marked line it can cause problems.

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
A bent pin inside that connection can also cause the error.

As the bike was working before , one has to retrace every step to find why it has an issue now. If you had to remove and disconnect the wheel then that is the place to start.

E10 is often used and is Communicationerror between controller and display.

Last edited:

Docross

Jun 23, 2023
Yes, that's what @saneagle is referring to. It's there so you can unplug the cable to the motor wheel if you need to remove/fix/replace the rear wheel/tyre. If it's not pushed fully home to the marked line it can cause problems.
OK, thank you guys so much but first so you said once I unplug the wire from the plug in the back tire, I can pull the wire that’s inside the bike frame I can pull that out to see if it’s disconnected and if it is, I can just plug it back in and put it back together and hopefully everything should be fine

cyclebuddy

Esteemed Pedelecer
Nov 2, 2016
Beds & Norfolk
...once I unplug the wire from the plug in the back tire, I can pull the wire that’s inside the bike frame I can pull that out to see if it’s disconnected and if it is, I can just plug it back in...
As @saneagle said, you make sure the connector by the pedal is pushed firmly all the way in to the line, and check you haven't damaged that motor cable where it comes out from the rear wheel axle when you were fixing your tyre.

If that all seems okay, you can trace the other end of that motor cable up into the bike frame in case you pulled that: It enters behind the folding hinge, which is where the controller is. To access that, you fold the bike in half and remove the two screws (keep a note which is the right way up - do NOT invert that connector cap on reassembly which is possible on some of those fat-tyre bikes). With that plastic cap removed the controller can be pulled out, and you can check that the wires coming from the motor cable are also firmly inserted - there are 3 thicker phase wires, and several thinner ones going to a multi-way plug for the hall sensors. Make sure those are all properly inserted too. If those are okay, check over the other connectors just in case they got disturbed/if you'd pulled on the wiring when fixing your tyre.