How do I wire up eCrazyman controller to Tongxin please

AndyOfTheSouth

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 15, 2009
Hi frank

It might be useful if you let people know your website address.

Good luck.

Andy

PS surely the food there is a benefit! :)

didi28

Finding my (electric) wheels
Sep 17, 2009
Germany
Motor
Blue to Tongxin Controller Blue (thick)
Green to Tongxin Controller Green (thick)
Yellow to Tongxin Controller Yellow (thick)
Obviously the Tongxin-motor works sensorless.

eCrazyman Controller

Motor
Blue to eC Controller Blue (thick)
Green to eC Controller Green (thick)
Yellow to eC Controller Yellow (thick)

So far so good, but I've no idea how the following 10 wires;
eC Controller Plug 3
Black
Red
Yellow
Green
Blue
Obviously this controller uses 5 hallsensor-wires. 3 for the 3 sensors and 2 for power.

Controller for motors with hallsensors don `t work with motors without hallsensors. (But it works vice versa !) You have the wrong controller. You need a sensorless controller.

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
Franks had a look at photos I sent him and come to the same conclusion. So I'll need to get the right controller. Still it's been very instructive learning how to test the various components and wiring. Hopefully the correct controller will see me right.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Andy - sorry for giving you the wrong steer! It sounds like you do have a motor with sensors, as Nick correctly inferred at the top of the thread.
It was late at night right before I went on holiday when I saw your post so I didn't have time to look into it properly - and was consequently talking nonsense!

So you, and any others who get one, can recognise it, this is what a sensorless eCrazyman controller, suitable for a Tongxin, should look like.

The sets of wires are (from the left)

Throttle
Pedelec sensor
Brake cut-outs
Battery
Motor wires

Hope this helps, as and when you get your controller.

Frank

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
Frank, it was completely reasonable to expect that I had the Controller that actually matched my motor!

I can see from your photo that the wires coming from your correct controller would match my motor and throttle wires in a nice logical way. I'm sure when I get one of those all will go smoothly.

Just out of interest have you overcome your controller reliability issues using the eC controller instead of the original Tongxin ones?

fishingpaul

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 24, 2007
Andy could you give me an idea of how long it took to recieve a controller from ecrazyman, thanks paul.

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
Paul, it was just 7 days from first email enquiry to receiving controller.

frank9755

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 19, 2007
London
Just out of interest have you overcome your controller reliability issues using the eC controller instead of the original Tongxin ones?
I hope so but in truth it is too early to tell as I've not done as many miles on the eC one as the Tongxin ones which have blown.

My Tongxin ones have tended to last 1-300 miles and my first eC one has done about 140 (of which about 85 miles were done under challenging conditions in one day on the Ching Challenge!). My latest hypothesis is that my Tongxin ones were mounted in a place which had too little air flow to cool them effectively. The eC one is more exposed.

Also, when ordering I explained to Keywin that I had been having problems with Tongxin controllers blowing and he said he would set up mine with a current limit.

I'm therefore hoping that it will be more successful.

Frank

andyh2

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jan 8, 2008
Well I got a replacement controller from Frank (I've also got another 'right' one coming from Keywin).

I connected it up with motor wheel in a wheel building jig to test it (as I've sold bike it was on to get a standard bike and Xtracycle kit) and HURRAH IT WORKS.

All I need to do now is get new bike together and then I can get back into the joys of e-bike commuting.