How low can you go? Battery voltage question...

Yak

Pedelecer
Mar 20, 2020
Hello. I’m merrily using my 36v Yose kit daily on some longish rides, but try to get home with the battery indicator on 2 bars (from 6 max) and voltage reading 36.1v or so. My question is, how much lower could I go on the voltage without the motor cutting out? As I’m beginning to realise, my Lishui speed controlled PAS may screw me over in a low voltage situation as it can try to give me max power if I don’t go fast enough, so could inadvertently cause the battery to sag? The PAS 1 speed setting is pretty low, but I may be too knackered to go fast enough for the controller not to give me max. Have I got that right? I live in the middle of nowhere in pretty hilly terrain and don’t want to get stranded...Thanks guys.

vfr400

Esteemed Pedelecer
Jun 12, 2011
Basildon
Cut-off happens at around 31v. If you had say 3v of sag on max power, that would happen when you had a resting voltage of 34v.

If you do cut-off because of low voltage, you can often continue on for a few miles if you set a a lower PAS level.

• Agree
Reactions: Nealh

Yak

Pedelecer
Mar 20, 2020
Cut-off happens at around 31v. If you had say 3v of sag on max power, that would happen when you had a resting voltage of 34v.

If you do cut-off because of low voltage, you can often continue on for a few miles if you set a a lower PAS level.
Perfect. Thanks vfr

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
One could carry another battery as a reserve or get me home one.