How much is a Bosch 500w battery worth?

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Having concluded my business with my insurance company I find myself left with a spare 6 month old Bosch 500w battery and a brand new, still in the box, charger. My personal situation is such that I dont need 2 batteries as I cant be out for more than a couple of hours, but of course that could change in which case a spare would certainly come in handy.. But, so would the cash to replace some of what was lost..
I intend to sell the new charger, probably on eBay but my quandary is do I keep or sell the battery and how much is it worth? Most things these days are only worth a fraction of their original cost and searching hasn't given me any insights as to value as there dont seem to be many, nay any used ones I can find for sale.. And then there is the galaxy note 7 issue which will impact on all battery shipments...

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
id say you will get 450-500 quid for it if you also get a report from the dealer.

this is what dealers pay for them

• Informative
Reactions: LeighPing

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if its the same shop you bought it from then could still sell it with warranty so worth a shot ;)

got mine bang on the right time but was 700 quid fkn rip off.

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I think it's one of the rare situations in which a used item is worth a fairly high proportion of the new cost.

The 500wh is more desirable than the smaller capacity, is never significantly discounted and there's sure to be Brexit upward pressure on the price.

I would certainly try for £500, maybe a bit more.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015
if i never had mine id have give 550 quid for it and prob a bit more with a battery report from the dealer.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
In respect of selling it, can you prove the condition of the battery and how many charge cycles that it has had?

Those could be two key factors in relation to pricing it. I'll give you £50.00 and take a chance on it. ;)
Done....
Me. Not the deal [emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• :D
Reactions: EddiePJ

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Had battery checked and updated this morning and it shows 22.5 full charge cycles but having a problem with shipping as RM won't ship it and need to have a way of legally shipping before I list it on abay..
Any ideas?

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
No doubt you've thought of listing it as collection only.

That could work, it's an unusual high-ticket item.

If I wanted one, I would be happy to drive a few miles to get it.

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
Yes I am considering that with the option of buyer arranging a courier.. only issue there is I am in an area of not many ebikes.. I have the charger currently on sale so plan is to list the battery whilst the charger is attracting views.. a shipping option does up the anti tho..

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
I suspect we are all in an area with very few ebikes.

That's maybe a discussion for another thread, but I don't think you have a better or worse chance of finding a reasonably local buyer than anyone else.

soundwave

Esteemed Pedelecer
May 23, 2015

RobF

Esteemed Pedelecer
Sep 22, 2012
Here's an interesting statistic that is relevant to quite a few other threads..
Bike had done 989 miles on 22.5 full charges.. 44 miles per full charge..

One might have expected a few more miles from a 500wh battery.

Was it a CX motored bike?

Eddie PJ has found they seem to use a bit more juice than the Performance motor with a barely noticeable benefit in grunt.

• Useful
Reactions: chris130256

Gubbins

Esteemed Pedelecer
One might have expected a few more miles from a 500wh battery.

Was it a CX motored bike?

Eddie PJ has found they seem to use a bit more juice than the Performance motor with a barely noticeable benefit in grunt.
Yes it is, but to be fair I am in a valley and most runs are up 1000 ft before I start. My last 2 runs were both 1800ft over 15 miles, and I run in Sport or Tubo all the time without ever trying to economise..