How small/short a person can e-folders be adjusted for?

D

Deleted member 33385

Yes - but it also bumps up the price as I wouldn't expect the return courier to be free (unless faulty, broken etc) just because I've got short legs and arms!
I'll jump in with both feet soon enough, once I get replies to my emails. I have to say that the 'tone' of the replies, as well as the information they provide, will have a bearing on my decision. I've had one (automated) reply already, which, while it was reassuring to know that the email has actually arrived and is in their 'system', was a little disconcerting as it references upcoming Easter closure dates - so apparently hasn't been checked since then … but then I know that sort of thing is easy to overlook when you're busy.

The 14 day return window is supposed to be quibble-free, but as you say, they can charge for return postage and some companies also charge a "Restocking fee", which is some percentage of the sale price. Tricky business buying anything online these days...

D

Deleted member 33385

Looks like just the ticket! Sadly according to the website

What a pity that is, I quite fancied getting two - one for me and one for my shopping bag … :eek:
Just make sure you buy identical ones, or your shopping will arrive home before you do.

• :D
Reactions: Liz
D

Deleted member 33385

You do remember what Soylent Green was, don't you? And that it's all happening next year? I think I was working in Austria when the film came out - early 1970s wasn't it?

I do, and it'd be better if they changed the formula lol... to food sent via home plumbing which could also be used to 3D print objects like bikes, would be brilliant - food and physical products literally on tap.... and quite probably toxic :eek: Combined with the delivery of 3D model data through the internet, you'd never need to leave the house.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

Could the old racer handleposts be bolted back to front? I actually can't remember - if so, could get the drop handles closer to the seat?

D

Deleted member 33385

I despair at the speed of anything printed in PLA.
Speed hasn't improved much over the last 10 years or so.
Sinterstations are still better, and they prototype in metals... Encourage "Research projects", for designs you want free prototypes of - a lot of Universities have those monsterously expensive machines. That's what a lot of companies do, and it helps the students as much as the companies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 33385

When you find a bike which has the right distance to pedals, you should be able to replace the handlebars with something roughly resembling this (twice the number of struts, may be a good idea), welded onto it cheaply by a local welder, to shorten the distance between the seat and the bandlebar - the second bar would have to be as long as the handlebar:

Best weld steel to steel, aluminium to aluminium etc. for a strong long lasting weld. Then put the brakes, speedo etc. on the inner bar.

Reactions: Liz

Barnsleyrob

Pedelecer
Jul 20, 2020
The MiRider seat post has 2 levels of adjustment. The seat post in the frame and the top part of the post also lowers into the post. I’m 5’6” and I reckon it would comfortably fit your height. Also the main frame bar is low and very easy to stand over. There’s also a huge amount of adjustment in the handlebars.

I haven’t advertised mine on eBay yet but I’m happy to let it go to a forum member with the second battery (£200 worth) included.

Liz

Pedelecer
May 5, 2011
The MiRider seat post has 2 levels of adjustment. The seat post in the frame and the top part of the post also lowers into the post. I’m 5’6” and I reckon it would comfortably fit your height. Also the main frame bar is low and very easy to stand over. There’s also a huge amount of adjustment in the handlebars.

I haven’t advertised mine on eBay yet but I’m happy to let it go to a forum member with the second battery (£200 worth) included.
Many thanks for the offer.
I have looked at the MiRider - it's one of the few bikes I have been able to actually see - but the killer (for me) is that my joint issues will (sometimes) absolutely require a step-through rather than a step-over. And that's not going to change, unfortunately.

Liz

Pedelecer
May 5, 2011
Well, as I wrote upthread, I emailed several different suppliers almost a week ago with some very basic questions about measurements. However, I have had only one response - and, fortunately, that was a constructive, helpful response and the conversation is ongoing.

I've told them that I'm waiting another day, to make it into a full week, for replies from elsewhere but that realistically I'm ready to drop a grand or more in cash (or its electronic equivalent, nowadays) on a bike … it's not necessarily my first choice of bike but it's definitely my first choice of supplier as they have had the simple courtesy to respond to an email of enquiry.

I will probably phone them tomorrow to confirm.