Help! How to attach sensor

point5clue

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2017
UK
Hi All,
I'm converting my Mum's Islabike Joni. Its the perfect bike for her has it has a super-low step through. However this does mean that it is very thick tubing around the bottom bracket because there is no crossbar. Its currently stuck on with two self-adhesive foam pads. There is no obvious way to cable-tie it on - lots of angles and the diameter of the tubing reduces in that area so anything attached slips as it is tightened up.

Any ideas for a good fixing method? I'm reluctant to drill holes unless TINA :)

Nealh

Esteemed Pedelecer
Aug 7, 2014
West Sx RH
Can one not position it and align it to the rear of the crank arm on the rear chain stay and then secure with a cable tie/s. It' s possible one may be able to use sticky pads or and a cable tie, if thePAS activates back peddling simply reverse the magnet disc face.

point5clue

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2017
UK
Can one not position it and align it to the rear of the crank arm on the rear chain stay and then secure with a cable tie/s. It' s possible one may be able to use sticky pads or and a cable tie, if thePAS activates back peddling simply reverse the magnet disc face.
Hi Neal,
The chain stay tapers in quite severely at the critical point so it is tilted away from the plane of the ring. It didn't seem to operate reliably, but it might be worth having another go. It was also fouling the kick stand - if that was the only issue I could perhaps get a new kickstand that connects to the chain stay.

Woosh

Trade Member
May 19, 2012
Southend on Sea
wooshbikes.co.uk
Drill a hole w
Any ideas for a good fixing method? I'm reluctant to drill holes unless TINA :)
fit a left side pedal sensor like this one (fitted to a woosh Faro):

PS: if you want to do this, check for compatibility with your controller.

Reactions: dwvl

grumpus

Just Joined
May 9, 2019
Hi Neal,
The chain stay tapers in quite severely at the critical point so it is tilted away from the plane of the ring. It didn't seem to operate reliably, but it might be worth having another go.
Weld a bracket to the kickstand plate. Or just make a bracket that attaches with the kickstand bolt.

point5clue

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2017
UK
Weld a bracket to the kickstand plate. Or just make a bracket that attaches with the kickstand bolt.
I’m not a welder but a bracket fixed to the bolt is well within my capabilities. I will have a play.
Thanks for all the helpfull suggestions people :)

point5clue

Pedelecer
Nov 4, 2017
UK
In the end I managed to get a couple of linked cable ties around it - though it tapers in that area, there was a lug for the cable management on the far side underneath which stops it from slipping too far, and with a bit of give from the foam pad it could be tightened up well enough.

No holes drilled and no molten metal !
:)

Reactions: esuark