How to upgrade Swytch Mk2

AlexGB

Just Joined
Jul 9, 2022
Apologies if the has been covered elsewhere.

My wife and her friend have Swytch Mk2 kits fitted to their hybrid bikes. My wife's has the 7Ah battery and her friends the 5Ah battery. Living in a very hilly area the 5Ah kit is only giving 13 to 15 miles of assistance whereas the 7Ah kit will surpass 20 miles. To increase the range of the bikes is it as simple as buying an additional battery and connecting the Swytch and new battery through a double battery discharge converter or is there more to it than that? Any help and advice on how to best increase the range of the bikes would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Apologies if the has been covered elsewhere.

My wife and her friend have Swytch Mk2 kits fitted to their hybrid bikes. My wife's has the 7Ah battery and her friends the 5Ah battery. Living in a very hilly area the 5Ah kit is only giving 13 to 15 miles of assistance whereas the 7Ah kit will surpass 20 miles. To increase the range of the bikes is it as simple as buying an additional battery and connecting the Swytch and new battery through a double battery discharge converter or is there more to it than that? Any help and advice on how to best increase the range of the bikes would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
You don't need a double discharge connector. It's an un-necessary expense and complication. The Swytch battery is connected to the controller with some sort of connector. Put the same connector/s on your new battery and swap the batteries over whenever you want, or put any other connectors on that you'd rather used.

Reactions: AlexGB

AlexGB

Just Joined
Jul 9, 2022
You don't need a double discharge connector. It's an un-necessary expense and complication. The Swytch battery is connected to the controller with some sort of connector. Put the same connector/s on your new battery and swap the batteries over whenever you want, or put any other connectors on that you'd rather used.
Thanks Saneagle. Simpler job than I thought. Battery connectors in the Swytch pack are XT30 or XT60 so just an extension required. Ta very much.

saneagle

Esteemed Pedelecer
Oct 10, 2010
Telford
Thanks Saneagle. Simpler job than I thought. Battery connectors in the Swytch pack are XT30 or XT60 so just an extension required. Ta very much.
Make sure you get the wires the right way round otherwise the controller will pop. Use a meter to be sure.